Do I have to buy a new brand of the same kind of medicine?

Fishowner24

I have a question so if I have for example melafix a antibacterial medicine and someone recommends I use mardel maracyn which also is antibacterial do I have to buy the mardel maracyn or will the melafix work the same because they treat the same things? Thanks!

StarGirl

Melafix is pretty mush essential oil in water. Pretty much useless unless you are just treating a scrape. More like a antiseptic. Is there a reason you need a antibacterial? Also dont use any fixes on Betta fish.

Fishowner24

StarGirl

Yeah Melafix isnt touching that. Im not sure on how to treat that.

Fishowner24

Yeah Melafix isnt touching that. Im not sure on how to treat that.
Ok thanks! How do I know what medicine to use for what illness because there is a bunch of different antibacterial and antifungal and all sorts of kinds? Thanks!

StarGirl

I dont know about all that stuff myself. I personally would keep the water super clean and try the Melafix. Then I would just hope for the best, but thats just me. Is the fish eating and doing normal things?

Fishowner24

I dont know about all that stuff myself. I personally would keep the water super clean and try the Melafix. Then I would just hope for the best, but thats just me. Is the fish eating and doing normal things?
Ok. yeah the fish eats fine and is normal. Thanks!

StarGirl

Im just not big on treating the whole tank for one fish. Keeping the water clean is going to be your best bet Im thinking. As long as it is not getting worse and the fish is normal.

Fishowner24

Im just not big on treating the whole tank for one fish. Keeping the water clean is going to be your best bet Im thinking. As long as it is not getting worse and the fish is normal.
ok thanks! what about for other illnesses that might pop up on my fish how do I know what medicine to use since there is so many different kinds? Thanks!

StarGirl

Like I said I haven't read much on that.

Fishowner24

ok thanks! I will just stick to asking forums for now.
Do you think it is a fungus or like just some weird growth of some sort? Thanks!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
WendiWoo
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
Rivieraneo
Replies
Views