Do I have room? 55 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by allaboutfish, Dec 16, 2012.

1. allaboutfish

allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

So i was wondering if i have room for a school of congo tetras in my angel tank? I have to move the congos out of my 120 eventually so they dont get eatin.Its a 55 gallon and my final planned stock is this
    4-angels ( i have 6)
    3-syno petricola
    1-snowball pleco
    1-festivum
    3-male swordtails
    6-female platies
    Lots of plants. I have an aquatech 30-60 and tetra 30-60. I plan on adding an aquaclear 70 too.

2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

In my opinion a 55 is a bit small for them. It's only 12 inches wide and that doesn't leave a whole lot of room for them to maneuver. I started mine in a 55 and upgraded to a 75. But, I tend to recommend larger tanks for fish than others.

3. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

I tend to agree with Jaysee that they prefer a larger tank but IME they would do fine in a 55g. That being said, your tank would be way overstocked with them in it.

4. OP
    OP
    allaboutfish

Dang. I was hoping i wouldnt need the other 55, but i guess ill set it up. Without the congos am i ok?

5. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

You're right on the edge of being overstocked IMO. But it should be fine with good filtration and regular waterchanges.

6. OP
    OP
    allaboutfish

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice