Do i have male or female guppies?

sydrc

i have about 50 baby guppies of different ages. i know what to look for between male and female guppies, males have a pointy analfin that they use to mate with, a slender body, no gravid spot, more color on the body than females, and you can see a line in the females body that is not visible on the males. all of my guppy babies look female to me. but one of them looks pregnant and i feel like i am missing a male somewhere in there, because what are the odds that all of my babies are female? are there any other ways to sex a guppy? i see female-looking guppies with no visible gravid spot in the tank. could they be male?

Demeter

Even 1 month old female guppy fry will have a noticeable but tiny gravid spot. I separate the genders of my guppies once I can tell them apart, about 1-2 months old. Do not wait for the males to develop their man parts or you will end up with more fry.

Your photos are too blurry for me to tell who is what, for now I would separate all guppies that do not have the gravid spot.

sydrc

Even 1 month old female guppy fry will have a noticeable but tiny gravid spot. I separate the genders of my guppies once I can tell them apart, about 1-2 months old. Do not wait for the males to develop their man parts or you will end up with more fry.

Your photos are too blurry for me to tell who is what, for now I would separate all guppies that do not have the gravid spot.
okay thanks. once i separate them i will try to get better pictures

emeraldking

Give it some time to see what genders they are. A good eye will notice what the sex is at an early stage.
Is a one sex batch of fry possible? For sure! But most of the time both genders are in one batch of fry.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
LittleC
  • Question
Replies
Views
JB92668
Replies
Views
emeraldking
Replies