Do I have magical cherry shrimp?

LowConductivity

Hello all. I’ve been keeping a 30 gallon long with RCS for 20 months or so. While I’m not terribly interested in cherry shrimp, I have some fish that like to eat red things, and they’ve been a terrific conditioning food.

here’s the fun part…

I think I’ve stumbled upon some magical shrimp.

tap water fluctuates from 45-55ppm TDS, roughly 2dKH, 2dGH.

should I be selling these? From what I’m told, 2dGH should make keeping or propagating these guys impossible, yet they continue to propagate.

thoughts?

Pfrozen

Did you test the GH in the tank itself? Wondering if it's still 2 degrees in there

LowConductivity

Did you test the GH in the tank itself? Wondering if it's still 2 degrees in there
That's a good question.

Tank contains one sponge filter, a few pest snails, and two small rhododendron sticks. No substrate.

edit: still two drops/2dGH

Pfrozen

That's a good question.

Tank contains one sponge filter, a few pest snails, and two small rhododendron sticks. No substrate.

edit: still two drops/2dGH

Honestly you might have magical shrimp lol. Only other question I have is are you sure that they are neocaridina? Perhaps they are caridina or opae ula? Just throwing out ideas. Maybe post a pic lol, i dunno

richiep

Can you show us the colour of the test tube after each drop added from the tank and do the same from your tap, there seems to be something not right here
And a picture of your shrimp

LowConductivity

Honestly you might have magical shrimp lol. Only other question I have is are you sure that they are neocaridina? Perhaps they are caridina or opae ula? Just throwing out ideas. Maybe post a pic lol, i dunno
100% not Hawaiian lol, though it would be fun to go collect those.

Attachments

• 06537F9F-083F-4675-A42C-785B8597B3A8.jpeg
    06537F9F-083F-4675-A42C-785B8597B3A8.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 33

Pfrozen

Well i see at least 1 shrimp with a molting issue there but they look pretty healthy otherwise.. not caridina either.. you got a pic of your GH test?

LowConductivity

Well i see at least 1 shrimp with a molting issue there but they look pretty healthy otherwise.. not caridina either.. you got a pic of your GH test?
One sec.
Have 200ish gallons left to go

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
tjander