Do I Have Enough Plants?

KarlsJr

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
This is my first aquarium so I'm not sure if I need more plants for my betta to hide in. I'm also not sure if the 2 small plants might damage my betta's fins.

I know live plants would be better, but I'd like to start with something as low maintenance as possible.

Attachments

mickmanin

Reaction score
More plants is never a bad thing, but with a small aquarium like that, I wouldn't go overboard. If your Betta is comfortable with the current setup, leave it as is.

Caleb Smith

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Plants aren't necessary for Bettas although they do imitate their natural habitat which can have some benefits in the long term. Being your first aquarium, is your tank cycled? Also, do you have a heater?

OP
KarlsJr

KarlsJr

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks for all of the input! She's pretty active so I just want to make sure there's enough room for her to swim around.

Caleb Smith said:
Plants aren't necessary for Bettas although they do imitate their natural habitat which can have some benefits in the long term. Being your first aquarium, is your tank cycled? Also, do you have a heater?
Yes, it is cycled. There's a heater in the back keeping it at 79.5 F but it's hard to see because of the curvature of the tank. Here's a side view where you can see it better.

Attachments

lilabug4545

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I would get a floating toy (like the ZooMed floating log), but I think you’d be good.

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Id try and get some plants the reach the surface, they enjoy cruising around and hiding under them from my experiences.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom