Do I Have Enough Plants?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by KarlsJr, Apr 10, 2018.

1. KarlsJr

KarlsJr New Member Member

This is my first aquarium so I'm not sure if I need more plants for my betta to hide in. I'm also not sure if the 2 small plants might damage my betta's fins.

I know live plants would be better, but I'd like to start with something as low maintenance as possible.

Attached Files:

2. mickmanin

mickmanin New Member Member

More plants is never a bad thing, but with a small aquarium like that, I wouldn't go overboard. If your Betta is comfortable with the current setup, leave it as is.

3. Caleb Smith

Caleb Smith Valued Member Member

Plants arent necessary for Bettas although they do imitate their natural habitat which can have some benefits in the long term. Being your first aquarium, is your tank cycled? Also, do you have a heater?

4. Dave125g

Dave125g Fishlore Legend Member

There's never enough plants. Lol

5. OP
    OP
    KarlsJr

KarlsJr New Member Member

Thanks for all of the input! She's pretty active so I just want to make sure there's enough room for her to swim around.

Yes, it is cycled. There's a heater in the back keeping it at 79.5 F but it's hard to see because of the curvature of the tank. Here's a side view where you can see it better.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2018
  6. lilabug4545

lilabug4545 Well Known Member Member

I would get a floating toy (like the ZooMed floating log), but I think you’d be good.

7. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDude Well Known Member Member

Id try and get some plants the reach the surface, they enjoy cruising around and hiding under them from my experiences.

8. B

Becknewt24 Valued Member Member

I would remove those 2 small plants.

And anubias (real plant) is low maintenance.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice