Do I Have An Endler Hybrid?

Seastar
Hello! I am new to the forum but not new to the hobby.
I just got a gorgeous endler pair from a private FishShop that we thoroughly trust. Here is a picture of the little guy:

Is he an endler hybrid? He is very nice and was classified as "Endler". The guppy tank was nearby and the size difference was huge! I got him with a female, and she looks like an ordinary female endler. I would really like to breed them, but then again I don't want to breed any more hybrids... Could he be a peacock? (Because of his unique tail...)
Please say he is a pure!
Thanx a lot!

endlercollector
Do you have any photos of them? It's hard to say if they're pure just from looking. If the shop you got them from was careful, then they very well could be. Does he have a black spot toward the base of the tail? If so, that's a peacock.

Seastar
Thank you for the fast reply, endlercollector! I appreciate it! Sorry, but do I have any photos of what? I don't mean to be rude, but do you mean from the shop? Can you see the picture actually? I hope I posted it correctly...
Your help is appreciated! I really hope its a peacock!!
Do you need a picture of the female?

Seastar
Here are some more pictures if it helps...

thanks for the input!
Anyone else?

BottomDweller
Sorry none of the pictures are showing up for me

emeraldking
I don't see any pics either...
I guess, you've got an upload problem.

Seastar
Ok, I’ll try and post another picture later on.

Seastar
So here I try again...

BottomDweller
Sorry no pictures.
To upload a picture I click the little "upload a file" button under where I'm writing. Then it comes up with options of where to get the picture from. I click "my files" then I go through my files to find a picture and click on it. Then it loads at the bottom. There are buttons beside the picture where you can choose "thumbnail" or "full ". For this picture I'm clicking full . I hope that helps.
20180719_153315.jpg

Seastar
Thanks a lot BottomDweller! I'll try again...

endler 1.jpg

endler male.jpg
endler2.jpg
I hope you can see the pictures now.

BottomDweller
Pictures are there!

endlercollector and emeraldking time for you to talk about endlers and stuff. I don't actually know the answer, I was just providing technical support lol

emeraldking
Well, this is an endler hybrid developed by Adrian Hernandez called neon hybrid speartail. I had them as well. I even believe that there might be some tiger influence in there. For I had some offspring which looked a bit simialr to tiger hybrids. I've given a short description of this strain on my own website.

endlercollector
Very cute! Yes, I've only seen these hybrid spear tail Endlers occasionally for sale on the Internet, never in the flesh. Just six months ago, I would have immediately wanted some, but even I am feeling like I have too many tanks these days, so I will have to enjoy your pics. Do post more as your community grows

Seastar
Thank you for all the replies! My female is getting significantly larger already... I am not even sure if my babies will be neon hybrid spear-tails!The female was already with the other male endlers from the shop but not all of them were these hybrids... so is it possible that the offspring is pure?!?Or a different variety of endler hybrid altogether? So far, interestingly, I have not seen any mating behaviour from the male...
Here are some pictures from the female:

female endler.jpg
female endler2.jpg
She is fed once a day like the rest of the fish... and none of them are like that...
Lets hope that I will get some nice endlers soon!!!

endlercollector
Yes, she could throw all kinds of babies from various fathers. You will have fun watching the fry grow up and finding out what they are

Seastar
Lemon (my female endler) is getting fatter every day! I'll keep you updated with my baby endlers! (If I get any...)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
emeraldking
Replies
Views
endlercollector
Replies
Views
emeraldking
Replies
Views