Question Do Guppies And Endlers Share The Same Bioload?

PufferfishPizza

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hey people.

I was going through stocking ideas on a site called AqAdvisor.com and I noticed that 3 guppies had the same bioload as 7 Endlers... WHAT.

Does anyone know if this is true? If so, please let me know!

All replies are greatly appreciated!

PufferfishPizza

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Oh I didn't know Endlers were smaller... sadly none of the Petcos or Petsmarts sell Endlers. I could probably call my local pet store to see if they custom order fish. What's a good alternative to Guppies or Endlers? I have 5 Glowlight Tetras by the way. ( Glowlights not Glofish )

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Endlers and guppies are often hybridized, but true endlers will only get a little over an inch in size while large guppies get over two inches.
When you say an alternate to guppies and endlers, what do you mean? Like an alternative color wise, bioload wise, population explosion, etc?

PufferfishPizza

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
By alternative I mean, a cheap(ish) fish that has a small bioload. Also my pH tends to be 6.7-6.4, temperature at 77 degrees Fahrenheit, so anything in that range. My tank is lightly planted, soon to be moderately planted, and has quite a bit of surface agitation. My filter is just the basic TopFin Silenstream 10 with an added chunk of sponge to fill the back halfway. I also have a Whisper 60 air pump on medium bubbles ( today the Whisper 60 is a blue thing with 4 legs, mine is more like a gray brick ). Something commonly sold would be nice too. Online prices are good for fish but shipping prices are just...

Also, I'd kind of like something that doesn't need a big school. I'd go for a schooling fish only if I had to get 3 or 4... Any ideas?

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
By alternative I mean, a cheap(ish) fish that has a small bioload. Also my pH tends to be 6.7-6.4, temperature at 77 degrees Fahrenheit, so anything in that range. My tank is lightly planted, soon to be moderately planted, and has quite a bit of surface agitation. My filter is just the basic TopFin Silenstream 10 with an added chunk of sponge to fill the back halfway. I also have a Whisper 60 air pump on medium bubbles ( today the Whisper 60 is a blue thing with 4 legs, mine is more like a gray brick ). Something commonly sold would be nice too. Online prices are good for fish but shipping prices are just...

Also, I'd kind of like something that doesn't need a big school. I'd go for a schooling fish only if I had to get 3 or 4... Any ideas?
Great info! I think I missed the tank size, what size tank is it?

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Do you happen to have a specific color or theme in mind? Or other tank mates? Or would you like a full stock suggestion?
Also, do you have a LFS or just PetSmart or Petco? If only PetSmart/Petco, which one(s)?
Lol, sorry for all the questions

PufferfishPizza

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I don't really have a specific theme in mind, just something that looks neat. If I had to pick a color I would do anything that's not orange because I already have orange Glowlights...

I have a local PET (not fish) store that have a REALLY good selection of aquatic animals ( even Axolotls! ). The store is Coastline Pet Supply in Myrtle Beach, SC. They don't show their stock online, though . I also have the average Petcos and Petsmarts. One Petco stands out though because of the variety... they have Flowerhorns, Pearl Gouramis and Dojo Loaches all in good health...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom