Do Goldfish Bruise?

FancyPantsy

Hi everyone, hope you and your finned friends are doing well.

My two are very happy in themselves, but I noticed one seems to have a bruise/graze on their tummy. Originally I thought bruise, but on closer inspection it seems ever so slightly hazy across the surface compared to the rest of the body being so smooth.

20210828_105327.jpg

20210828_105349.jpg
The only difference is that they haven't really pooped much in the last couple of days (either of them), not compared to their usual amount, but I have been trying to cut their food down as I know I'm an over feeder. They have pooped a bit more today, so I'm not panicking.

Obviously, will keep an eye on both things, but is there anything specifically I should watch out for or any recommendations to help with healing?

Thanks in advance

Ouse

The goldfish most likely injured itself on a surface. Looks like septicemia to me.

Good water quality and nutrition should allow for a full recovery.

jtjgg

has he been bottom sitting?

what are the water parameters?

seems like internal bleeding. fish can bruise if they swim fast into something hard or another fish hits it hard. does he have trouble with bouancy?

FancyPantsy

I need to get my API kit back from my friend tomorrow, but water has been pretty consistent so not expecting there to be any spikes.

They're pretty active, they chase each other about so could have rubbed past something. Saw them huddled in one place today, but not sat on the bottom, just pretty low in the tank.

I did wonder if it was something internal and linked to the constipation. That seems to have passed, but it was my first thought. They usually have Vitalis sinking pellets, but I gave them some peas and mixed up some repashy.

I'll keep an eye on them over the next few days to see if they act any differently.

Hoping it's just a graze

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ghelfaire
Replies
Views
TheFishOfSteel
Replies
Views
jtjgg
  • Question