Do Fluval Bug Bites Aid In Digestion?

JustAFishServant

Valued Member
Reaction score
I noticed Fluval Tropical Bug Bites have green pea included in the ingredients...I am an experienced aquarist and know that peas aid in digestion and prevent/treat bloat. I'm wondering if dried peas will do the same? Thanks! :)

Heron

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I feed my fish pea once a week. I used to give a starve day once a week ,now I just give pea on that day. I buy a bag of frozen peas, I put a few in the microwave for a few seconds to slightly cook them. Make sure you remove the skins carefully and just drop the insides into the tank.
The peas are basically a laxative so they prevent constipation and help keep the digestion in good order.
They sink to the bottom and the fish nibble on them.

girlwithmanyeyes

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I recently started feeding my Betta Fluval Bug Bites and have observed smaller but more frequent bowel movements for my guy. He used to go every 3 days or so but now he's going daily. I used to give him Daphinia if there was no BM on day 3 but I haven't had to do that since Bug Bites.

So I would

saltwater60

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I’d say the fiber would help with that as well. Peas may help as well. People and animals can love off of freeze dried foods. I know freeze drying foods basically keeps the same nutritional content so I’d suspect yes.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom