Do fish have food break`s Question

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by grfresconero, Dec 29, 2012.

1. grfresconero

grfresconero Valued Member Member

My haven`t eaten for two day`s ,just asking i am curious?

2. jetajockey

jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

They may not be eating for a few reasons. If they eat regularly every day and stop then it's an indicator of tank issues. Have you tested the water?

3. OP
    OP
    grfresconero

For what, all my fresh water indication are ok. Also they are verry calm and uterlly at peace with the conditions . 1 arrowana 1pleco 1baja shark 3 snails.As in photo.

4. jetajockey

jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate. What size tank is this? Normally when things go off-kilter a good start is to test the water as it may give an indication to a possible issue. Also a temperature change (broken heater) could have them acting weird as the colder water will slow their metabolism. There's lots of possibilities, just throwing some ideas out there because it's hard to say without narrowing it down.

5. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good afternoon,

Fish should pretty much always be hungry.

According to your Profile Information you are not aware of the Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle <--link.

If you are aware of it, can you post your readings for Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate and pH?

Thanks!

Ken

6. OP
    OP
    grfresconero

Thank`s Ken + jetajockey.I`ll do that ,the heater is as always at 28 Cel. ph at 7.8
    I`ll do the rest when i get back from an errand.
    From Con.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  7. OP
    OP
    grfresconero

Just got back

Tried too get to the LFS but it closed it`s Saturday, to buy the testers.Came back to find the GURRAMI`s had fry`s about 50 or so , now i know that they breed every 2-3 months given the conditions got pic`s taken by my phone camera poor quality.little specks in the nest removed the parent`s ,bulge in back is a snail.
    291212-2140.jpg 291212-2138(001).jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice