Do different types of dojo loaches school together?

sj089

So, I have a golden dojo loach and am looking to get more. My question is, do different types of dojos school together? Or should I stick with the golden variety?

I do have other loaches of the angelicus botia variety, however they rarely hang out with my golden dojo, so he seems pretty lonely which is why I am looking to get more dojo loaches.

If anybody has experience with keeping different types of dojo loaches together, please let me know what your experience was.

Junne

I keep dojo and kuhlI loaches and they do not school with each other. I DO have one kuhlI loach that does hang out with one of my dojo loaches and they can be seen together all the time but I think its a rarity.

kuhli and dojo.jpg

I would stick to getting more dojo's

Oh and Welcome to FL

hampalong

Yes, different Dojos will group together.

kinoah2469

All 3 of mine school together!

Dovah

I notice that my golds stay with my golds and my regular slate colored ones stick together. They don't hate one another it just seems like they prefer the company of someone who looks like them.

I've also noticed the slate ones are growing faster and seem more brutish.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Caleb12345

I have 4 gold and 1 brown together in a 55 gallon tank to themselves. They all play and rest together. They are all technically the same species anyway just a different color variation.

aliray

Welcome to the forum and glad you joined us. I hope you enjoy it here. Alison

Dovah

People are the same species and tend to stay within their own coloring. From what I've seen, the fish I have that are different colors same species, the same colors stick together.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Junne

Mine all hang out together, even from the smallest to the largest

20151109_195118.jpg

kinoah2469

Mine

Attachments

• 1457287530530.jpg
    1457287530530.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 275

kinoah2469

The others