10 Gallon Tank Do Blue Legged Hermits Eat Feather Dusters?

JtheFishMan
The question is just that. I see my blue-legged hermits picking the stem of the feather duster sometimes. The feather duster doesn't seem to be harmed, looking and acting fine.

Jesterrace
All crabs (even hermits) are opportunists. Generally speaking if they are just picking at the base of a featherduster it shouldn't be an issue. It's when they start going after the head that you need to worry a bit. There are some gorgeous featherdusters out there. I would love to have one but my Melanurus Wrasse would make a quick meal out of it (if my Coral Beauty Dwarf Angel and Foxface didn't beat him to it).

JtheFishMan
Jesterrace said:
All crabs (even hermits) are opportunists. Generally speaking if they are just picking at the base of a featherduster it shouldn't be an issue. It's when they start going after the head that you need to worry a bit. There are some gorgeous featherdusters out there. I would love to have one but my Melanurus Wrasse would make a quick meal out of it (if my Coral Beauty Dwarf Angel and Foxface didn't beat him to it).
Agreed. Feather dusters are just amazing.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom