Do Any Of Your Fish Bond With You?

Buganjimo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I’ve found some of my ‘bigger’ fish (I say that loosely, my biggest fish is a bolivan ram, so in terms of my fish thats my bigger fish. Even if he’s tiny) have great personalities! My bettas recognize me, and like to swim between my fingers while I clean their tank, and my Bolivian ram adores me! He’ll eat from my fingers and swim up to the surface to meet me! When I had to net him and qt him, I just picked him up (I was careful) and put him in a cup to transfer him to qt. He’s so sweet.

Anyone else have fish with big/sweet personalities?

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My bettas always follow my fingers.

Now when I reach my hand in the tank to rearrange plants, they start biting me.

Betta bites actually hurt a lot more than somebody would think.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
75g Discus Tank said:
My bettas always follow my fingers.

Now when I reach my hand in the tank to rearrange plants, they start biting me.

Betta bites actually hurt a lot more than somebody would think.
True! I have had my bettas bite me before!
Not all of my bettas will follow me, especially not my rescue.

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
My bettas, goldies, puffers, and gwk all have their place in my heart. The only time I've had a more than 'Oh hey, you bring me food so I like you' relationship with my fish was with one of my Okeefenokee pygmy sunfish, who would display and do his dance for me, and not to any of the females in the tank. I always joked that he was my 'fish boyfriend'.

Mick Frost

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A customer the other day was telling me about his Pleco, which he cradles in his arm and hand feeds between belly rubs. It's not uncommon, but he spoke like a sailor and dressed like a biker so it was a little funny.
Most fish are like anything else with a stomach... It's the hand that feeds them!

JamieXPXP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My betta loves to swim around my arms and hands whenever I'm fiddling with something in the tank and will let me touch him or he will wrap his tail around my arm. Whenever I enter my room he will come out from hiding and greet me.
He really is a softy despite trying to act tough. Used to flare at my mystery snail every so often but then will sit on it

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom