DIY with the plastic decoration that came with the tank.

Rhi1

Hiya, I have a dwarf gourami who loves his cheap rubber decoration that came with his tank (see attached). I assume because he and it is orange so he feels camouflaged. As I am putting more plants in the tank, the decoration doesn’t really fit anymore, plus, when he tries to hide behind it and I approach his tank from the other side I always scare him. So I was thinking about DIYing it into a hide or cave so he can hide inside it. Has anybody experimented with glueing these decorations before? I don’t want to use super glue and cause some reaction between the glue and the plastic/rubber stuff.

Attachments

• F18AEEBE-3AA9-4599-8795-AAFF9D644B56.jpeg
    F18AEEBE-3AA9-4599-8795-AAFF9D644B56.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 6

BigManAquatics

Super glue is probably your best option, though. Or silicone. Those both tend to be aquarium safe.

Rhi1

Super glue is probably your best option, though. Or silicone. Those both tend to be aquarium safe.
Thanks, I was reaching for the superglue as I know it’s aquarium safe, I’m more worried that it isn’t “cheap decoration” safe.

StarGirl

Use the gel super glue also. Not the regular kind. The decoration would have done something already if it wasnt safe.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
clk89
Replies
Views
Bumblebat
Replies
Views
bizaliz3
Replies
Views