Diy Spray Bar

Samiul islam

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello I am new
2116.gif
but have been lurking about for a while. I have a fluval Roma 125 and I have recently purchased a fluval 306 but thought the flow was too strong and was ripping up my plants, so I made a spray bar. Works fairly well I think and the flow is decent (can easily make another one if I have too many/too big holes). I have uploaded a video to see what you think. The fish seem to like the current but are struggling, not really sure so would like your opinion please. Is there enough flow and surface agitation? is the current too strong for my fish?

I have 2 dwarf gouramis and 2 electric rams which both like low flow current/flow so thats why i went for the spray bar. I am also inclined to keep it on that side as the cut out on the back of the tank is there and i don't want to cut my tank up.

here is the link for the video:

Thank you for your time.

Samiul islam

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Fluval say it's 1150L an hour and the filters pretty new. Is there enough surface agitation?

Samiul islam

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
125 litres, the flow is much better than it was, with the original output attacent it was ripping up all my plants n fish were flying everywhere.

mgm53

Reaction score
I have a 305 and the flow rate is adjustable on the top of the filter. Does the 06 series lack that? I also mxade a spray bar and with 1/4 inch holes the flow is not too harsh at all.

Samiul islam

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have adjusted the flow a little, fish seem to explore the left side more now. I made a another spray bar with 8 holes at 5mm, works better and has the same pressure coming out of each hole. I am going to get an airstone to put at the far side of the tank with there is minimal agitation to help too. I have rearranged my tank by putting the big lava rock with the java growing out of it on the opposite side to see if I could break up the turbulence.
IMG_20171118_131219.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom