DIY Overflow

Peterpiper
I am sick of looking at the micro bubbles in our tank, so something must be done! I thought there was a link between beer and a overflow.. so I had some beer.. no link yet.. but I think there is a link between beer and protein skimmers. I knocked a beer over.. picked it up.. and noticed that the foam in the beer came up the neck and out the top just like a skimmer.. But the DIY Skimmer will have to wait till the overflow is done with..
The overflow will not have the boxes and syphon pipe that your standard overflow has.. Its made of pipe and stuff,,,, Now I got the pipe and the stuff, and will post pic's as the job progresses.
Disclaimer:
I take no responsibility for my own actions, so I take none for your's. If you flood the house ( Very High Probability ) Do as I do and blame the dog.

GreenMan13
Beer usually makes projects turn out more interesting looking. Good Luck. Can't wait to see pictures.

Trpimp147
I was vary lost in this haha I need the pic of this project. (the beer)

fishrule101
can you tell me how to make a skimmer? I really need one. the skimmer is the only thing holding me back from having a marine tank. so please tell me how to do one.

GreenMan13
can you tell me how to make a skimmer? I really need one. the skimmer is the only thing holding me back from having a marine tank. so please tell me how to do one.

This is about an overflow not a skimmer. Try starting your own thread about this topic.

How is the overflow coming anyways?

Peterpiper
Well it works good.. but had issues with the restart.. ie if the power went out, and the syphon was broken and not restarted then the pumps would pump the sump dry and overflow the tank. when I find the pic's I will post them and explain better

str8flxn
Are these the pieces I need?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170907-130231.png
    Screenshot_20170907-130231.png
    106.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 00d21e12bd14188e43c84721b86582ed.png
    00d21e12bd14188e43c84721b86582ed.png
    151.8 KB · Views: 126
Philippians 4:13
Those are the correct pieces that you would need.

TexasDomer
How small is your siphon tube going out of the tank? These are for air tubing for an air pump, and the air tubing is too small to serve as a siphon, unless you're planning on it being a slower drip type system.

str8flxn
I'm using 1" PVC pipe

4eba04a1e7f52ee4aaf9e22f0a5c31b3.jpg

This is what I'm going for

TexasDomer
Sorry, I'm a bit confused then. Where are you trying to use the check valve?

Asher's Fishes
Hey there,
This isn't related to the question but I think you should delete that picture and replace it with the same picture just with your name and address blurred out as I think that's your postal code or you can just delete that picture since you already got answers.
Happy fish keeping!

DIYhack
Sorry, I'm a bit confused then. Where are you trying to use the check valve?

You drill a hole in the pvc and put a little air tubing on it with the ck valve. You suck on it to pull all the air out of the pvc to prime the system. No water goes threw the air tubing

Similar Aquarium Threads

• 000trick000
  • Sump
Replies
Views
1971roadrunner
Replies
Views
MomeWrath
Replies
Views
John58ford