DIY EQUIPMENT

kbn

All of us at some point try to cut corners and look for the cheapest option. Aquarium equipment can be pretty pricey sometimes and in our search for the cheapest option with no loss in quality, we ultimately stumble on a DIY version. What are your stories about your homemade filters, vaccs, food, hides, decor, etc? Share your stories and experiences below. I'm sure there will be many things and stories all of us can learn from and appreciate and even apply to out own little facet of the hobby at home!

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
kbn said:
All of us at some point try to cut corners and look for the cheapest option. Aquarium equipment can be pretty pricey sometimes and in our search for the cheapest option with no loss in quality, we ultimately stumble on a DIY version. What are your stories about your homemade filters, vaccs, food, hides, decor, etc? Share your stories and experiences below. I'm sure there will be many things and stories all of us can learn from and appreciate and even apply to out own little facet of the hobby at home!
Most recently when I upgraded to 20gal long shrimp tanks on $1 per gal sale I didnt want to upgrade lighting as I already had 24in finnex... a few pieces of scrap wood. Perfect. Lol I leave part w no light for almond leaf and larger of dual sponge filters.
20200808_174029.jpg

20200808_174043.jpg

New Threads