Diy Co2 Setup Help Please...

Discussion in 'Plant CO2' started by SFGiantsGuy, Apr 17, 2019.

1. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

So my bottle A, (citric acid mix) is super, SUPER tough to squeeze, (almost impossible to squeeze!!!) and will not prime to the gauge’s “green zone”, as the gauge is not even reading at “1”; it's possible that bottle B (baking soda mix) back siphoned into bottle A. Also, is bottle B’s tubing supposed to be submerged into its liquid solution...or not submerged into the solution?

2. nikm128Fishlore VIPMember

3. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Yes. But mine's an already tailored kit.

4. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Lol I just don’t wanna foolishly relieve any pressure in bottle A, by opening something and have the bottle explode like a bomb or something! As I read that you should NEVER open bottle A unless it’s contents are completely empty!

Attached Files:

5. nikm128Fishlore VIPMember

For bottle A, I'm thinking the mixture is too thick, or whatever kind of pump you're using is too weak. For B, I'm not quite sure yet

6. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

7. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

No pump was being used at all. Yeah by hand, you’re just supposed to squeeze bottle A’s contents until they mix/“prime” the levels until the gauge is in the green. But my main problem is, bottle A is so rock solid and expanded, that using all my strength, I cannot squeeze and of bottle A’s solution into bottle B like you’re supposed to..,

8. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

Not familiar with diy co2 setups but could you make a new solution of bottle A and try it again maybe it solidified from to much or too little of a certain "ingredient" and dispose of bottle A safely if it actually is dangerous

9. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

: (

Attached Files:

10. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Possibly dispose of it, yeah. I just am afraid of opening up bottle A, that will explode from the pressure as I read from a lot of places NEVER to do! Lol

11. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Err, never to open it unless the solution is 100% empty...

12. nikm128Fishlore VIPMember

Theoretically, you could do it with a 1L bottle, and half the mixtures, smaller bottle will be easier to squeeze hard enough.
    That or redo the mixture like said above. If you did everything right I see no reason it wouldn't work though

13. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

i would bring original bottle A way out in your back yard or far away from things put a pin hole in it and run. You may also need to get a new guage

gauge*

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2019
  14. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Lol run...

15. bryangarWell Known MemberMember

16. nikm128Fishlore VIPMember

That's actually a really good point. Make sure it's not just a bad gauge before you redo a bunch of stuff

17. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

but he also stated it was impossible to "squeeze" the bottle to get it "primed" so even a bad gauge it should still be able to be primed.... Like i said no experience with real or diy co2 just trying to give thoughts on it. I think the best bet is to try a new bottle A.. maybe wrong measurements or expired ingredients?

18. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Also, if I have to open up bottle B (baking soda solution) I do not know just which part to open up to service it. And also, I really don’t feel like waking anyone in the neighborhood with any super loud booms! And the gauge was fine at first, since it’s brand new, and arrived only hours ago. I think the problem is, that bottle B’s tubing is actually SUBMERGED within the liquid, when I think the tube is just too long and is NOT supposed to be submerged, and is only supposed to transfer the CO2 gas and not be submerged into the liquid solution. Basically, I wanna somehow safely open bottle B up, to cut the tubing shorter...but without any explosions or anything.

I measured the ingredients very accurately and safely. The ingredients were also brand newly purchased, and only hours old from the supermarket.

Attached Files:

19. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

I think a little more research is required to be sure you have the solutions right..

just giving my thoughts.. sorry i can't be of more help. maybe a little more research will get you rolling along

20. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Shoot. I think what happened was, while I was squeezing bottle A to prime it, (send solution to bottle B) since the tubing in bottle B is very much submerged in the liquid, (and likely is NOT supposed to be) it probably siphoned in reverse, and the baking soda liquid solution back siphoned into bottle B, tcreating unwanted oressure, thus making it super super hard to squeeze!!!