Diy Co2 Question Question 

Sambit

Reaction score
Hello,

Today i installed a DIY Co2 system for my 7.5 G Planted betta tank. Currently i set it up for 1 bubble per sec. So i wanted to know, can the co2 be harmful for the betta? I will only turn on the system when the light is on i.e. 6hr a day.

Also how many days it takes to see difference in my plants?

Zigi Zig

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello
Co2 is not harmful to any fish, do you have drop checker I use DIY now as back up until my other cylinders run out i am leaving mine co2 on for 24 hours for now on 40.gal DIY takes awhile to reach where I want to be after 4 days is getting green..
You will see some growing difference pretty quickly however is not only co2 that you need also lights and nutrition balance is very important..
This is my 40.gal play tank for testing
20190404_084830.jpg 20190404_084932.jpg 20190404_085701.jpg

100.Gal tank before and after 2 months

Sambit

Reaction score
Zigi Zig said:
Hello
Co2 is not harmful to any fish, do you have drop checker I use DIY now as back up until my other cylinders run out i am leaving mine co2 on for 24 hours for now on 40.gal DIY takes awhile to reach where I want to be after 4 days is getting green..
You will see some growing difference pretty quickly however is not only co2 that you need also lights and nutrition balance is very important..
This is my 40.gal play tank for testing
View attachment 543668 View attachment 543669 View attachment 543670

100.Gal tank before and after 2 months
Thx a lot for the answer. Yup i do have a drop checker. Also i have a 10W light for the aquarium and using Micro and Macro Fertilizer in the tank. Tank is only 2 Months old.
IMG_20190404_184206.jpg

Zigi Zig

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I see you having some unbalance nutrition issues between combination of lights nutrition and Co2 , You have to provide correct lighting basically 2 to 5 watts per gallon for freshwater planted aquariums since you have 10 watts is not enough 10:2=5 .. you supporting now minimum lights for 5 gal tank hope that make since ..
I recommend clean you tank first and remove all decay plants as those looks death they still alive and taking all good nutrition from healthy leaves also trim your plants.. you should do water change at least once week 10-15% when using fertilizer than upgrade your lights to at least 4-5 watts per gal , create steady schedule for lights and co2 injection, You do that I guarantee your plants will grow out of your tank

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Sambit said:
Thx a lot for the answer. Yup i do have a drop checker. Also i have a 10W light for the aquarium and using Micro and Macro Fertilizer in the tank. Tank is only 2 Months old.
I don't see a drop checker in your tank, they are a little class structure that contains a colored ph solution and will tell you the approximate CO2 level depending on what color the liquid turns.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom