DIY CO2 project diary

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well guys I'm planning on making my 10 gallon a heavily planted tank with 2wpg and CO2, and it might become home to a lovely betta(I know you will love that Rose).
Well so far I have done this: I got a 2 litre pop bottle, poked a hole in the top and stuck airline tubing in it just so it shows under the cap. I sealed the inside and outside with hot glue. Today I'm working on make a conatainer to put the CO2 in to hide and protect it. Will update this, if anyobyd see's any problems let me know.

austin

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well so far got this done
1. poked hole in pop bottle lid, stuck airline tubing in it and sealed it.
2. made two containers for the pop bottle, one wood one oj bottles.(as safety measures)

Comments are welcomed

Austin

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Let us know how it goes - do you have a camera to post photos showing your progress? That'd be cool.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Just made the mixture and put it in the bottle, then put the bottle in my homemade wooden holder, hooked up the airline tubing to a check valve and put another piece and connected it to a type of airstone in my tank positioned under my filter so the bubbles will be choped up by the proper in my filter and absorbed into the water better.  So far so good will let you guys know when the bubbles start appering.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No I wish I did, I think I'm going to ask for a digital camera for my b-day. O I know, after school next week I can go over gregs (whatsafish7) house and we can set up one for him and we can take pictures of it and post them up here once his computer is fixed and he can take pictures of mine all set up too. O his pirhanas are actually starting to look like pirhanas and have finaly eaten some more of the guppies that were swimming around in the tank for almost two months.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Whoops I accidently added baking powder instead of baking soda the first time and the second time I believe I didn't add enough sugar and water and too much yeast, I'll get this right sooner or later.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well screwed up the second time, put in too much yeast and too little water and sugar, so now I just have to add some more sugar and water and I should be good. I'm also making a catch bottle now to.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Finally got it right. One bottle with CO2 mixture that leads into a catch bottle that leads to an airstone until I can get a better difuser.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well bad news, it's come to a stand still since I have got the mixture right but the hot glue won't hold a steady seal so I have to get aquarium silicone before I can continue.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom