Diy Co2 Diffuser Options

Robes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello!

I setup a diy co2 with vinegar/baking soda awhile back and simplely took a coke bottle, cut the top off, turned it upside down and ran an airline hose into the bottle of it and put it right beside the canister intake in my tank. It gets refilled roughly twice a day and seems to be doing fine but i was wondering if theres any better options for a low pressure co2 system to get more into the tank? I tried a couple normal diffusers and it doesn't seem to be able to build enough pressure fast enough to be consistent with them.

What are some of you guys with a diy co2 using to diffuse it?

leftswerve

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
how about make some kind of ladder/maze, something to make the bubble travel in the water column longer.

aniroc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello!

I setup a diy co2 with vinegar/baking soda awhile back and simplely took a coke bottle, cut the top off, turned it upside down and ran an airline hose into the bottle of it and put it right beside the canister intake in my tank. It gets refilled roughly twice a day and seems to be doing fine but i was wondering if theres any better options for a low pressure co2 system to get more into the tank? I tried a couple normal diffusers and it doesn't seem to be able to build enough pressure fast enough to be consistent with them.

What are some of you guys with a diy co2 using to diffuse it?
How much gas (CO2) would you say it gets dissolved into the tank water? How large is your pop bottle?

Robes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
How much gas (CO2) would you say it gets dissolved into the tank water? How large is your pop bottle?
Its a normal 20oz cocacola bottle with the top ~1/4th cut off. I refill it twice a day (when i wake up and when i get off work, empty both times).

I have a drop checker in the tank, by the time i get off work it has changed from blue to blue with a very slight hint of green, outside of that i haven't been checking the ph drop to get a better estimate.

I've had it going a month or so now and i have noticed a bit better growth so i know it is helping some, just looking to get a bit more into the tank.

how about make some kind of ladder/maze, something to make the bubble travel in the water column longer.
Its essentially a bell diffuser im running right now, so the bubble doesn't travel, rather than sit in the coke bottle trapped and the water absorbs it as it passes by.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom