Diy c02 question

GusMcGrath202020
Hello! I am starting up a diy c02 system and I ordered a pack off amazon that comes with a pressure gauge and a needle valve. I also ordered and pack that came with a check valve, a diffuser, and a u shaped tube but it also came with something that I do not know what to do with but it seems useful. In the directions it came with it doesn't mention this, so can somebody tell me what it is and where to put it. I think it is to shut off for the c02 but im not 100% sure. (I also got a drop checker and a bubble counter) Thank You!

sorry for the blur

Asomeone
Just appears to be a valve you can use inline to adjust the amount of co2 being dispensed. Or, like you said, to shut it off.

GusMcGrath202020
Asomeone said:
Just appears to be a valve you can use inline to adjust the amount of co2 being dispensed. Or, like you said, to shut it off.
should i put it in the line that is between the 2 bottles or the line that is going to the tank?

SotaAquatics
What kind of DIY CO2 system is this? If this is plastic soda bottle with yeast or a baking soda/citric acid mix, do NOT shut it off. Pressure will build up in the bottles and probably cause them to explode at some point. Cant stop these DIY reactions once they start. You have to let it run until it stops, you can shut it off to your tank at night but you will need to let the bottles bleed out still when not going to your diffuser.

GusMcGrath202020
yeah I kind of figured they would explode or something. Thanks for looking out

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom