Diving Bell Spider Vs. Betta??

BettyRocker13

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So now that my tank is cycled and ready for a betta (which I was going to get tomorrow) all of a sudden I have a spider web underwater. Read some other threads here and have to assume it's a diving bell spider as I haven't seen it yet. I did look for a bubble in my plants and there isn't one that I can see. But my fake rock/hideout is hollow so I wonder if it's got a bubble in there.

I've got to do a water change today so I'll have to hunt it down and try to remove it, hoping it fits through the tube on my siphon since I don't have a turkey baster or anything.

So if I can't find the culprit, is it still safe to proceed with my betta purchase tomorrow?

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I highly doubt it's a bell spider, where would it of come from? Most likely it was a web in the aquarium that stayed their when you filled it up. Because of this go, ahead with your purchase.

BettyRocker13

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I thought it may have hitched a ride on some of the plants I purchased online but I haven't added anything new in weeks. This morning there were no webs and when I got home this afternoon all of a sudden there's a web running to every corner of my 5 gal tank

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom