Dividing Tank With Cloth..

Allinone

Active Member
Member
Messages
55
Reaction score
5
Location
India
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't got any plastic nets or anything to divide my tank. Is there any problem on dividing the tank with cotton or polyester cloths?
 

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
9,161
Reaction score
6,158
Location
Texas
Experience
3 years
I would suggest it unless you can actually get the cloths really sturdy. The material might be a hosting site for algae, and things to grow from.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5
OP
Allinone

Allinone

Active Member
Member
Messages
55
Reaction score
5
Location
India
Experience
5 to 10 years
Do it cause any other problems like fungal or any disease to fish?
 

2211Nighthawk

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
5,106
Reaction score
3,188
Location
Manitoba Canada
Experience
5 to 10 years
Allinone said:
Do it cause any other problems like fungal or any disease to fish?
I’d imagine it could leach dye after a while and that can be harmful. What kinda tank/fish are you trying to split?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #7
OP
Allinone

Allinone

Active Member
Member
Messages
55
Reaction score
5
Location
India
Experience
5 to 10 years
2211Nighthawk said:
I’d imagine it could leach dye after a while and that can be harmful. What kinda tank/fish are you trying to split?
I am trying to divide my guppy tank made with plastic sheet.
 

2211Nighthawk

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
5,106
Reaction score
3,188
Location
Manitoba Canada
Experience
5 to 10 years
Allinone said:
I am trying to divide my guppy tank made with plastic sheet.
There is a lot easier ways to do it. My favourite is plastic craft mesh. It allows water through it, and can be cut to size.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #9
OP
Allinone

Allinone

Active Member
Member
Messages
55
Reaction score
5
Location
India
Experience
5 to 10 years
2211Nighthawk said:
There is a lot easier ways to do it. My favourite is plastic craft mesh. It allows water through it, and can be cut to size.
I didn't find anything like that in here. Is there any other thing which can be get easily?
 

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
9,161
Reaction score
6,158
Location
Texas
Experience
3 years
Allinone said:
I didn't find anything like that in here. Is there any other thing which can be get easily?
I personally do not like DIY dividers, unless made sturdy.
LifeWithPets makes a good divider, I use that type, and it's very sturdy!
 

2211Nighthawk

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
5,106
Reaction score
3,188
Location
Manitoba Canada
Experience
5 to 10 years
Allinone said:
I didn't find anything like that in here. Is there any other thing which can be get easily?
I’ve heard of egg crate cut to size. If all else, rigid food safe plastic, glass and then using suction cups to hold in place. The biggest thing is that if it’s ansolid divider you need to make sure water flow is getting to both sides either with 2 filters or rigging something up.
 

SegiDream

Well Known
Member
Messages
901
Reaction score
531
Location
East TN
Experience
1 year
Plastic canvas, zip ties, and plastic stitch markers can be used together to customize this in a variety of ways. All are cheap and readily available at places like walmart and craft stores.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #13
OP
Allinone

Allinone

Active Member
Member
Messages
55
Reaction score
5
Location
India
Experience
5 to 10 years
SegiDream said:
Plastic canvas, zip ties, and plastic stitch markers can be used together to customize this in a variety of ways. All are cheap and readily available at places like walmart and craft stores.
How can the zip ties used for this? Can I get some s or anything on it.
 

SegiDream

Well Known
Member
Messages
901
Reaction score
531
Location
East TN
Experience
1 year
Zip ties to join pieces that are not long or wide enough on their own. Or to customize the shape or attach it to other things etc and so on....

???
 

2211Nighthawk

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
5,106
Reaction score
3,188
Location
Manitoba Canada
Experience
5 to 10 years
SegiDream said:
Zip ties to join pieces that are not long or wide enough on their own. Or to customize the shape or attach it to other things etc and so on....

???
Ah ha. Makes sence.
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
275
Guests online
3,302
Total visitors
3,577

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom