Dividing Tank Between 3 Dwarf Tang Species

Miaw

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So let's say you have julidochromis transcriptus, neolamprologus similis, and neolamprologus pulcher/brichardi:
How do you divide a tank into three distinct territories? I imagined rocks in left, rocks in right, and sandy shelly sea I between, hopefully fairies and Julis will pick a side, and the similis stay in the middle?

OP
Miaw

Miaw

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Just wondering mainly how would I make a habitat so it was like from left to right:
Brichardi, julidochromis, similis?

Just because I don't want the brichardi and similis to breed together and make hybrids

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I wouldn't worry about the similis hybridizing with the brichardi. Totally different behaviors/habitats.

OP
Miaw

Miaw

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I wouldn't worry about the similis hybridizing with the brichardi. Totally different behaviors/habitats.
What is the habitat of brichardi?

Like I think julies like rocks which form caves. Would brichardi like maybe higher rocks, lower rocks, less rocks with more open substrate to spawn in?

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They pretty much live in the rocks much the same as the Julies. I expect you would have more conflict between those two species than you would care for. The similis Shelldwellers are just gonna sit down there on the bottom running in and out of their shells!

Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 28 65.1%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 7 16.3%

Top Bottom