Divider Failed, Female Betta Fight!!!

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
My worst nightmare came true, heres how it goes.
I came downstairs with my frozen food to feed my two females bettas in their divided 10 gallon tank. I looked on the left for iris and saw nothing... I was already worried she was sick because they always want to eat. Then my heart races as i glance over to the right... Iris and dahlia both starring at me for food. I screamed and said some bad words and ran up the stairs to find betta cups to separate them. And i did.
Now they are in their cups until i get them their quarantine tanks today. They have ripped fins (more then in a sorority would be) and some scales gone. Iris eat but dahlia is still heavily breathing and didnt eat. They never flared at eachother and now Im looking for a better divider for all my tanks. It was the topfin divider i replaced with two layer of black mesh, unless she jumped but i dont think they can jump that high.
Anyway, how can i help them? Any divider suggestions? (Lifewithpets divider looks good but do they ship to canada?) HELP?!?
upload_2018-5-13_13-5-51.png

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Oh no, sorry about this catastrophe!
I would keep the water very clean and do water changes often to help heal their fins.
If you have any StressCoat, you could add some of that to the tank, it'll help!

fbn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You may also want to see if she'll eat some food that's had some garlic juice put on it. Helps with the immune system.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Fanatic said:
Oh no, sorry about this catastrophe!
I would keep the water very clean and do water changes often to help heal their fins.
If you have any StressCoat, you could add some of that to the tank, it'll help!
Im going to use Indian almond leafs aswell as water changes. I will look into stress coat.
Thank you

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom