Divided Betta Tank

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I want to make a tank for my girlfriend and she likes bettas. I was wondering if a 10 gallon was big enough for a 2 bettas diveded and to throw in some CRS (I know they may become snacks). For the tank I was thinking filtration maybe a sponge filter as it's easier on the fish, black sand, a few plants for them to lay on (any plants recommended), a heater. Ill probably throw in some Indian almond leaf as they like the color and it's healthy for the shrimp.

Rohit mess

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yes. A 10 gallon is sufficient for couple of bettas. As well as sponge filter is good.
I have my betta and neon tetras in a 10G.
I have seen betta in very small tanks so your's is a much better idea.
So go ahead amigo!!! And all the best!

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks best to make sure before impulse tank building

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello Yes, you could do a divided tank.
I had one for a while, then moved to separate tanks.

You can also do a sponge filter on each side, but I personally did a HOB on one of the sides, and a bubbler on the other
Sounds like a fun project to me!

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have 4 divided 10 gallons and they work great. I replaced the clear divider with two layers of black mesh. Works good, but only males beside males and female beside females!

Rohit mess

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Fanatic said:
Hello Yes, you could do a divided tank.
I had one for a while, then moved to separate tanks.

You can also do a sponge filter on each side, but I personally did a HOB on one of the sides, and a bubbler on the other
Sounds like a fun project to me!
Looks like you had a tank with sealed divider where water on both sides is separated entirely (correct me if i am wrong). I have not seen such tanks, atleast not larger than 10 inches and made of acrylic or plastic. The 10G or larger ones i saw had a black mesh divider in between.
Also if anyone has pics of their tank post them. Maybe it will help the guy in some creative ideas to make his mermaid happy

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Rohit mess said:
Looks like you had a tank with sealed divider where water on both sides is separated entirely (correct me if i am wrong). I have not seen such tanks, atleast not larger than 10 inches and made of acrylic or plastic. The 10G or larger ones i saw had a black mesh divider in between.
Also if anyone has pics of their tank post them. Maybe it will help the guy in some creative ideas to make his mermaid happy
Nope, this one had holes through it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom