Divided aquascape?

1. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I just ordered a 10 gallon tank divider and I plan to divide my 10 gallon and give each of my bettas their own side.

I'm debating what I want to do with the deco.

Currently I have white gravel with white ruins and some silk plants. I'm thinking about maybe putting black gravel on half and put some reddish pink silk plants with the white betta and then on the other side leave the white gravel and look for a couple green silk plants?

I've also considered maybe buying some small terra cota pots and actually planting some of the smaller plants that I have in my 125 in it and moving them into my 10. I have a couple dwarf lily plants which are a little red and then I have some super small amazon swords for the other side.

What would you guys do? Or I could look into maybe doing a fire vs. ice tank?

2. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

I think that would look great with gravel and then silk plants it sounds very cool.

3. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

I agree..that sounds like a very cool tank....take pics~!!

4. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

Its kind of a spin off an idea that I was going to do back when I had a black betta and a white betta. I was going to do all black gravel and decos with the white betta and all white with the black betta.

5. kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

I really like the idea of two contrasting sides with different substrates and plants. Definitely pictures of whatever you do decide on!

6. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Sounds cool. Did you ever set up?

7. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I have the divider in but currently its still just the same set up I had with one betta with the decos divided. I probably won't get around to actually redoing the tank for a while.

8. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Too bad. The idea is great. Although that would be another tank to clean. LOL.

9. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

We had a divided 15gal for a while, the only problem with the different decors was when we decided to not have the tank divided anymore, the gravels got all mixed together during gravel vacs.