Divided 5.5 Gallon tank

1. M

Molly11 New Member Member

So I bought myself a 5.5 gallon and have decided to split it(originally it was only for Scrooge, however I rescued a betta from my cousin - Mr. Fishie). So I bought a separator kit(made for a 10 gallon but we cut it down) cost me $14.99(CND) + taxes. Then following a post on here about splitting tanks - went to Micheal's(a craft store) and purchased some of the plastic green sheets(the one that came with the kit is clear). We have opted to put in real plants(Moss balls on both sides and the other plant has yet to be decided). We are waiting for the cycle to complete before we put in Scrooge and Mr. Fishie. . .as well as the plants.

2. u

uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

That sounds great! Just keep an eye on the top of your water, it can stay quite still on the side of the divider with no filter ... frequent water changes and/or an air stone help solve the problem!

3. OP
    OP
    M

Molly11 New Member Member

Will do. We're actually trying to make it so that the water isn't moving too rough from the filter - right now the current is a little too strong for the Bettas. Was thinking of adding bubble wands or the likes in.

Tried to post pics but they didn't show up - I had resized them too. Will try again.

4. f

fishtroy Well Known Member Member

Sounds wonderful, can't wait to see. :)