Dither fish

King Dojo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Wut are some good kinds of dither fish. and are they very seccesfull in making other fish come out of hiding.

schiz

Reaction score
I have heard danios seem to be one of the fish of choice or you might you some of the more active tetras. But as I don't have any hider fish in my tanks couldn't tell you from personal experience if they serve the purpose well or not.

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What are you trying to bring out of hiding?

I have found, the more places you give your fish to hide, the more they come out.

Dino

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Zebra danios are very good dither fishes. They help making even the shyest fishes come out into the open.

King Dojo

Valued Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering. And I hate danios no offense and mollys.

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
have you considered all the types of danios? there's quite a few types about, not just the zebras. mine are really good dither fish and livened up my tank. my shy guppies are not shy anymore!!
good luck
tan

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hi king,
i agree with dino, the main point here is what r u trying to bring out of hiding? fish don't hide much nowadays except bettas, however danios r best dither fish whether u like them or not.............

King Dojo

Valued Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering. Im not trying to bring enything out of hidding but I know sometimes loaches can be quite shy although mine dont hide all the time.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom