Distance of fish stores

?

How far sway is the nearest fish/aquarium store from your home?

1. 5 minutes walk

9.5%
  2. 5 minutes drive

25.4%
  3. Longer than 5 minutes drive

65.1%
  1. Fish Girl Initiate Member

I just discovered this cool fish store right next to my local church which has everything you could possibly want, so I'm pretty chuffed about that :)

2. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

mine is 5 min drive, but isnt so great, just a small local thing :-\ but theyre expanding the aquatics department :) like right now, not in 10 years :)

3. Marc Well Known Member Member

The one near me has all the basics and a pretty random fish supply.

4. RoboDude Member Member

I live in a small town, and have to travel about 30 kilometers or more to get to the nearest pet store, but it is a great place. Only thing is, I can't drive!

5. Jon Well Known Member Member

30 minutes from my house, 5 minutes from my school

6. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

can you add some more otions like distance too like a mile

7. beckers4oranges Member Member

i have to drive 15 minutes to another town to get my fish... and get this...my town... the name of it....

is         Whitefish

8. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

HaHa that's funny :D

I have to drive 30 minutes away for my LFS :(

9. Osiris Initiate Member

I guess I'm lucky to have about 10 fish shops within a 20 minute drive, but my favorite is just 2 or 3 miles down the highway.

10. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

my favorite one is less than a mile away i walk run or ride my bike to it at least once a week

11. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

lucky

12. rob2uk Member Member

I have a little test I like to give fish stores before I hand over any money...

first I ask them about cycling a tank, then I chat to them about common diseases

If I get the impression that they don't know what they're talking about, I don't visit them again

13. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

Thats a good system Rob

I stroll around the shop for about an hour or so depending on how big it is, and I listen about to what advice they give to their customers, the quality of their supplies, how many dead fish I see, and how many sick fish I see.

:)

14. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

i dont mind seeing dead fish in feeder fish tanks but in other tanks i dont like to see dead fish i like this one because they maintain a 125 gallon tank and i rarely ever see dead fish even in there feeder fish tanks and the GM is really nice and has helped me save money in various ways and i go there every week and i am trying to get to know them so when i am old enough i can work there no problem

BE JEALOUS fish r friend i go there every day now to make you jealous ;D

15. dahly Member Member

One just fish and four other Pet Stores that sell fish too, within 5 miles. ;D Three other's within 3 miles of work. :D

16. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

well you can so no hard feelings

17. Jason Well Known Member Member

i got one round the corner

18. AnnaEA Member Member

The fish store is just a few minutes away by car here -- so far it seems like a really nice shop..... though they do sell painted glassfish :-[

I've also got the big name pet places around as well, all with in about 10 minutes.

Anna

19. chris02_84 Member Member

you guys are lucky, i live on the AF base and it's a 20 min drive to the city. and they only have ONE pet store with a very small selection of fish. and then there is wal mart...those are my two places for supplies, and they are very limited...And the nearest good pet store is 2 hours away.....it sucks...

20. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

o the life of a marine so are you going to do it for a life job or what a fair amount of people in my family not immediate have served the the army and other places

fish r friend so far i have gone to the lfs twice this week would have gone again today if it werent for normal Cleveland weather it sucks