Distance of fish stores

?

How far sway is the nearest fish/aquarium store from your home?

1. 5 minutes walk

9.5%
  2. 5 minutes drive

25.4%
  3. Longer than 5 minutes drive

65.1%
  1. F

Fish Girl New Member Member

I just discovered this cool fish store right next to my local church which has everything you could possibly want, so I'm pretty chuffed about that :)

2. n

newbie101 Well Known Member Member

mine is 5 min drive, but isnt so great, just a small local thing :-\ but theyre expanding the aquatics department :) like right now, not in 10 years :)

3. Marc

Marc Well Known Member Member

The one near me has all the basics and a pretty random fish supply.

4. R

RoboDude Valued Member Member

I live in a small town, and have to travel about 30 kilometers or more to get to the nearest pet store, but it is a great place. Only thing is, I can't drive!

5. J

Jon Well Known Member Member

30 minutes from my house, 5 minutes from my school

6. atmmachine816

atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

can you add some more otions like distance too like a mile

7. b

beckers4oranges Valued Member Member

i have to drive 15 minutes to another town to get my fish... and get this...my town... the name of it....

is         Whitefish

8. E

EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

HaHa that's funny :D

I have to drive 30 minutes away for my LFS :(

9. O

Osiris New Member Member

I guess I'm lucky to have about 10 fish shops within a 20 minute drive, but my favorite is just 2 or 3 miles down the highway.

10. atmmachine816

my favorite one is less than a mile away i walk run or ride my bike to it at least once a week

11. f

fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

lucky

12. r

rob2uk Valued Member Member

I have a little test I like to give fish stores before I hand over any money...

first I ask them about cycling a tank, then I chat to them about common diseases

If I get the impression that they don't know what they're talking about, I don't visit them again

13. E

EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

Thats a good system Rob

I stroll around the shop for about an hour or so depending on how big it is, and I listen about to what advice they give to their customers, the quality of their supplies, how many dead fish I see, and how many sick fish I see.

:)

14. atmmachine816

i dont mind seeing dead fish in feeder fish tanks but in other tanks i dont like to see dead fish i like this one because they maintain a 125 gallon tank and i rarely ever see dead fish even in there feeder fish tanks and the GM is really nice and has helped me save money in various ways and i go there every week and i am trying to get to know them so when i am old enough i can work there no problem

BE JEALOUS fish r friend i go there every day now to make you jealous ;D

15. d

dahly Valued Member Member

One just fish and four other Pet Stores that sell fish too, within 5 miles. ;D Three other's within 3 miles of work. :D

16. f

fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

well you can so no hard feelings

17. J

Jason Well Known Member Member

i got one round the corner

18. A

AnnaEA Valued Member Member

The fish store is just a few minutes away by car here -- so far it seems like a really nice shop..... though they do sell painted glassfish :-[

I've also got the big name pet places around as well, all with in about 10 minutes.

Anna

19. c

chris02_84 Valued Member Member

you guys are lucky, i live on the AF base and it's a 20 min drive to the city. and they only have ONE pet store with a very small selection of fish. and then there is wal mart...those are my two places for supplies, and they are very limited...And the nearest good pet store is 2 hours away.....it sucks...

20. atmmachine816

o the life of a marine so are you going to do it for a life job or what a fair amount of people in my family not immediate have served the the army and other places

fish r friend so far i have gone to the lfs twice this week would have gone again today if it werent for normal Cleveland weather it sucks