Disinfecting Solution

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by MotherMajesty:), Dec 4, 2012.

1. MotherMajesty:)

MotherMajesty:)Valued MemberMember

I'm wondering what you all would recommend as a solution for a net/equipment dip to prevent cross contamination and reinfection (in the case of disease). I've been dipping in very hot (just boiled) water, but it's inconvenient and inefficient in terms of the time involved. Is there a bottled product available that could be kept in a sealed container and used as necessary? Thanks for any advice.

--Maureen

2. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassionModeratorModerator Member

Hydrogen Peroxide/water mixture is good at disinfecting aquarium nets and safe.

3. OP
    OP
    MotherMajesty:)

Thanks for advice! Simple and non-toxic - love it! Do you mix it in certain proportions? More water? Or more peroxide?

4. AmazonPassion

5 parts water, 1 part Hydrogen Peroxide. Make sure to use the commercial 3 percent hydrogen peroxide solution.

Bleach baths is 19 part water, 1 part bleach (wouldn't recommend this method but does the trick).

5. OP
    OP
    MotherMajesty:)

I didn't know there were different grades of peroxide. How do you tell one kind from another? Where do you get the high test peroxide?

6. AmazonPassion

It will say on the bottle for example...

IMG_20121204_122743.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice