Disgusted!!! - New Goldfish Owners, don't do this! - PSA

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by lbonini1, Jul 13, 2015.

1. lbonini1

lbonini1 Well Known Member Member

[video=youtube;kXFD9XMU6hE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXFD9XMU6hE[/video]

Absolutely horrible! It's a wonder how they even lived for that year he says in the video, I thought I was bad for having 4 Goldfish in my 10 gallon a year ago!

THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO HOWEVER;

Please remember future Goldfish-keepers.

- NO BOWLS! - No filter + No air + No space to grow = Dead fish.

- - 20 Gallons per Goldfish (Fancies, Double Tails) and 40 gallons per fish (Commons, Single-Tailed - Should be kept in PONDS only)

- Cycle your tank! Read about it here by clicking the words Nitrogen Cycle

- No flakes - Opt for sinking food as it has more nutrients and won't cause your fish to gasp air at the surface which can lead to swim-bladder issues

- No gravel! - They can get it stuck in their mouths! (Sand is fine but most people prefer bare bottom tanks for Goldfish as they are messy)

Wow I got off topic, I was just showing a bad video and now I'm talking about Goldfish care. XD

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  2. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Hey, you gotta admit he's doing better than most goldie keepers, no bowl there! ;) And all those filters...... But the tank is grossly overstocked, I'll admit that much, so.......

3. PuffPuff

PuffPuff Well Known Member Member

:jawdrop: My god!!!

4. w

wiedow Valued Member Member

Even the people commenting were mostly idiots lol

5. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Now let's not be too judgmental of this guy, remember our first grossly overstocked tank? ;)

6. LiterallyHydro

LiterallyHydro Well Known Member Member

My first tanks weren't grossly overstocked. Only moderately overstocked. ;D

That tank is insanely overstocked, it's a shame people don't do their research on how big these fish get before setting up their tanks.

7. d

d9lowe Valued Member Member

I remember when we were kids, my brother had a feeder $.15 goldfish, living in a plastic 1gal milk jug cut in half. He had a bit of gravel in it and an air pump running a small stone. It lived for a few years. It got so big, we eventually took it down to the river to release it! I think he just changed the water when it got a little dirty. True story!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice