Diseased Tank?

FishLoverEmma0

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So, I had a blue dwarf gourami in one of my 10 gals with one leapord danio. They both got along really well and didn't get their fins nipped. I noticed after about 7 months of having the gourami, his head started to turn one way. So I checked the water and it was fine. I wasn't too worried about it and I figured he might be bloated, so I didn't feed him for a few days, but it just got worse. I tried to feed him and he wouldn't eat anything. Sometimes when I would catch him and put him in a cup closer to the surface to try to feed him, he would freak out, and start to swim sideways. I bought 2 other gouramis for him to school with, because maybe I thought that some social interaction would get him to perk up more. To my surprise, I came home to a dead gourami. I checked the water and it was still fine. I noticed his stomach and fins were turning black. I identified this as gourami disease. I noticed one of the gouramis I added had rich, and I treated it, but j suppose he could not take it. The other gouramis fins turned black black too, and it died. I decided not to get anymore gouramis. Is my tank infected with gourami disease?

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yes it is. Though the head-turned-sideways thing could (probably not) be stunted growth. Y'see 10 gallons is just too small for a dwarf gourami. Let alone 3. Also they are not a schooling fish and will most likely just fight if other gouramis are in the tank.

FishLoverEmma0

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Discus-Tang said:
Yes it is. Though the head-turned-sideways thing could (probably not) be stunted growth. Y'see 10 gallons is just too small for a dwarf gourami. Let alone 3. Also they are not a schooling fish and will most likely just fight if other gouramis are in the tank.
Thank you for letting me know! I was really concerned so I didn't want to get any more gouramis and watch them suffer.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom