Diseased Betta Help 

corydorable

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
This is my betta Lychee of two months, he is in a 2.5 gallon with a nerite snail. I do weekly 20-30% water changes, he has a filter and a heater. I noticed he had a white bump by the end of his fin about a week ago, and after a few days he wasn't swimming much and barely ate. He doesn't seem interested in food. Yesterday his face looked noticeably worse, like it is deteriorating. I have had a betta get a white bump like that before, but I've never seen anyone's face look like this. Can anyone tell me what this disease is??? Yesterday I gave him some aquarium salt and stress coat, but I don't know what else to add.

I've included a before picture so you can see the difference.
IMG_5568.jpg
IMG_6303.jpg
IMG_6304.jpg
IMG_6306.jpg

LagerthaM

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Wow, I am so sorry this is happening. I don't mean to scare you by saying this, but I have NEVER seen anything like this. I have a few ideas of what it might be, I might be wrong though. To me it looks like mouth rot and/or columnaris, I have never seen or treated either (if anyone has more input please correct me). No matter what it is I think you need to start treating him with heavy duty medicine asap. I reccomend Kanaplex, it is super strong and treats all sort of diseases and illnesses so you can't go wrong.

Manan

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ouch, no idea what that is, but I hope someone can help... :/

Crazycoryfishlady

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't think it's columnaris, as that looks more slimy sometimes than what ever the heck this is???
It definitely seems likely to have a bacterial side to it, but it also sort of looks like the skin beneath the scales is swelling? Or growing?
Doesn't exactly look like a disease I've seen either.
Perhaps damage from some object in the tank?
What kind of filter do you have?
(Please tell me not a tetra 3 gallon lol)(their new model has an exposed impeller and will 100% damage and kill fish in horrible ways)
(Their old model is safe)
Any sharp rocks or decor he could've hurt himself on?
I would start with cleaning his water and maybe using hydrogen peroxide and methylene blue to prevent any infection.
I'm not sure kanaplex would help? But I do know it's a really good medication and it can fix a lot of health problems.
Always good to have on hand anyway.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom