Disease Or Coloration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ownafc

Reaction score
Hi

I have just upgraded my tank to 38g. It’s been up for 2mo now and at 3 weeks I added 4 mollies all from the same tank at fish store the tank has cycled and water levels were stable. I added a pleco following 2 weeks in quarantine in a 10g. One of the Mollies (Dalmatian) just dropped fry and I have 10 in a nursery net inside the tank.

My water is balanced other than my nitrite reading today is 1.0, then temp is 78F

My issue is that the other pregnant Molly started laying on the bottom of the tank, which at first I thought she was dropping fry having been chased by the only male for 4 Days straight but today she has a white patch on her back.

I plan to do a 25% water change but should i relive her from the tank does she have a disease?

Pic attached

Thanks Guys

Attachments

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
She is extremly malnourished, She should be rounded especially because she is breeding. The white spot on top also looks like a start of columnaris. Begin treating with a bacterial medication, i highly recommend marcyrn.

Last edited:
OP
O

Ownafc

Reaction score
She is extremly malnourished, She should be rounded especially because she is breeding. The white spot on top also looks like a start of colunmus. Begin treating with a bacterial medication, i highly recommend marcyrn.
Thank you! She didn’t look so malnourished yesterday, I’m feeding brine shrimp every other day and bug bites tropical formula for small fish. Should I be feeding the mollies anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom