Experience
More than 10 years
Screenshot_20200907-104537_Gallery.jpg

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I love discus threads!!! Welcome to Fishlore! Nice looking discus! How long have you had them and where did you get them?

OP
CJR

CJR

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
AquaticQueen said:
Beautiful! I've always had a soft spot for discus, but I unfortunately cannot afford them. Maybe in the future?
I have always been afraid of them, but my son found these on Craigslist-a guy who was tearing down his 75 gallon and had these 1 year olds in it. $250 for 5 and I ended up with a breeding pair! No luck raising any babies yet, but I've got a 65 a
AquaticQueen said:
Beautiful! I've always had a soft spot for discus, but I unfortunately cannot afford them. Maybe in the future?
I got a deal on the 5 from a guy who was tearing down a 75. I ended up with a breeding pair. Not successful in raising any yet, but they're in a community tank. I have a 54 that I'm getting ready for he couple. Just taking it slow bc they're so happy in the 150. Sorry about repeating myself, I am new at this thread and thought I'd erased part of my reply

86 ssinit said:
I love discus threads!!! Welcome to Fishlore! Nice looking discus! How long have you had them and where did you get them?
I've had them 9 months. My son found them on Craigslist. A guy was tearing down his 75 and had these 5 for almost a year. He'd bought them as 2 inch babies.
86 ssinit said:
CJR said:
I've had them 9 months. My son found them on Craigslist. A guy was tearing down his 75 and had these 5 for almost a year. He'd bought them as 2 inch babies.
This are my first Discus and after being a nervous wreck the first couple months, I really enjoy them.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Very nice! A 150g is a huge tank for them you could add 10 more :). Are there other fish in the tank?
Yes they are great fish to watch. I have 3 pairs laying eggs now but in no hurry to breed. Look into getting rid of the babies before you start breeding. See if there is a market by you.

OP
CJR

CJR

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
86 ssinit said:
Very nice! A 150g is a huge tank for them you could add 10 more :). Are there other fish in the tank?
Yes they are great fish to watch. I have 3 pairs laying eggs now but in no hurry to breed. Look into getting rid of the babies before you start breeding. See if there is a market by you.
My tank is loaded. 10 clown loaches, 15 Rainbowfish, 8 corydoras, 4 otocinclus, and a bristlenose pleco. Some fish I already had when I got the discus, the others I adopted from the 75 where I got the discus. I'm not really interested in breeding, but these 2 try so hard....

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes mine too. Hey just let nature take its place. What’s the temp at? Full tank pic would be nice :).

Gamer

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Amazing tank and fish! You can keep rainbows with those discus tanks? Very good to know!

OP
CJR

CJR

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thank you! Yes, rainbows do fine. I've had these guys for a couple of years.

OP
CJR

CJR

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
86 ssinit said:
Yes mine too. Hey just let nature take its place. What’s the temp at? Full tank pic would be nice :).
Do you know what kind she is? Red Marlboro maybe?
20200913_120327.jpg

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looks like a pigeon blood. How old? If young it could be a checkerboard. The blue will come in over the orange.

OP
CJR

CJR

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
86 ssinit said:
Looks like a pigeon blood. How old? If young it could be a checkerboard. The blue will come in over the orange.
About 2.5 years as far as I know.

CJR said:
About 2.5 years as far as I know.
Sorry, I told you I'd had these discus for 9 months. Actually, it's been 1 year, 9 months. Time flies.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lol had to reread thread. At 2.5 years that’s what it’s going to look like. It’s still a good looking discus. How big is it?

OP
CJR

CJR

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
86 ssinit said:
Lol had to reread thread. At 2.5 years that’s what it’s going to look like. It’s still a good looking discus. How big is it?
Around 5.5 inches

CJR said:
Around 5.5 inches
Her mate is the 6.5 inch Red Turquoise
20200912_102247.jpg

OP
CJR

CJR

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
86 ssinit said:
Yes there grown and that’s there colors! Great looking discus.
Thank you, I love them. The male likes to be handfed and displays his bars at that time. Guess he's being territorial. Do you have pictures of your fish?

OP
CJR

CJR

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing!

New Threads