discus

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by vwmam1, Jan 9, 2013.

1. vwmam1New MemberMember

hi all,
    i have a 180 gallon aquarium tha'ts been set up for 9 months now and i have 9 angels in there now which are doing great and clown loaches also. i would like to move out the angels and get some discus but i'm worried about all the water changes that seem to be needed for their liking. my question is for anyone who has discus is do i have to change water everyday or what? i do change about 35 gallons every other week now.any help would be most appreciated.

2. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

Hi. Discus are beautiful and really warm up to who ever feeds them, they do like very clean water so a water change everyday is optimal but every second day will be okay too, you should also clean the substrate and tank walls often to keep the environment clean, I hope this helps

Al

3. NikitaWell Known MemberMember

Discus do need cleaner type water conditions, but not water changes everyday. It's the Younger Discus that really need the water changes once a day. The adults can handle 2 water changes a week In My Experience.

4. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

Yes the younger discus do need more water changes, every day really to grow out, adults also prefer very clean water so every second day if possible is advised in my opinion!

5. Landozer18Well Known MemberMember

Wow glad I read this as I wanted discus but now I know I'll never have time for that.

6. Disc61Well Known MemberMember

Hey VWMAM, welcome to Fishlore, I agress with Frequent water changes, Juvies require everyday and Adults can go 2-3 days.

7. AnthonyC4CWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to the forums O0

Would love to see photos of your tank!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice