discus

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwmam1

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hi all,
i have a 180 gallon aquarium tha'ts been set up for 9 months now and i have 9 angels in there now which are doing great and clown loaches also. i would like to move out the angels and get some discus but i'm worried about all the water changes that seem to be needed for their liking. my question is for anyone who has discus is do i have to change water everyday or what? i do change about 35 gallons every other week now.any help would be most appreciated.

AlanGreene

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi. Discus are beautiful and really warm up to who ever feeds them, they do like very clean water so a water change everyday is optimal but every second day will be okay too, you should also clean the substrate and tank walls often to keep the environment clean, I hope this helps

Al

Nikita

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Discus do need cleaner type water conditions, but not water changes everyday. It's the Younger Discus that really need the water changes once a day. The adults can handle 2 water changes a week In My Experience.

AlanGreene

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yes the younger discus do need more water changes, every day really to grow out, adults also prefer very clean water so every second day if possible is advised in my opinion!

Disc61

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey VWMAM, welcome to Fishlore, I agress with Frequent water changes, Juvies require everyday and Adults can go 2-3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom