Discus with oddballs

BWIT

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I’m looking to stock my 55-gallon with an EheI'm 250 Classic canister filter. Our top choice is going to get discus and our side choices are elephant nose fish and two rope fish. I’ve read as much as I could find on compatibility and I’ve read where discus will work with elephant nose and with rope fish. Then I’ve also read rope fish and elephant nose can work together. But I haven’t read where anyone has tried all three together. My feeling is that they can be together but then I wonder “but should they?” I also know each fish has their own personality so anything is possible.
Thoughts? Thanks.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well the first thing is the elephant nose isn’t temp compatible with the discus and the rope fish top temp is 82 and that’s the low end for discus. Like you I’ve never heard of anyone keeping them.

OP
BWIT

BWIT

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
86 ssinit said:
Well the first thing is the elephant nose isn’t temp compatible with the discus and the rope fish top temp is 82 and that’s the low end for discus. Like you I’ve never heard of anyone keeping them.
I am aware of the temperature ranges for them and I know it would be the minimum for discus. Elephant nose was the one I mostly considered leaving out.

New Threads