Discus Tank

Discussion in 'Discus Fish' started by Marine Man, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Marine ManValued MemberMember

blogger-image-1181823472.jpg Does this tank look suitable for 6 Discus fish?!

2. QQQUUUUAADDD

QQQUUUUAADDDWell Known MemberMember

How many gallons is it?

3. Gordinian

GordinianWell Known MemberMember

I'd say discus need more room to swim around. Maybe take out the big decoration in the middle and add a few more plants and some driftwood :)

4. navyscuba

navyscubaWell Known MemberMember

If I go by the size of the plants is too small. 6 Discus adult size need a 55min. You are aware that they are sensitive to water changes? So you need a spare tank half the size or bigger than the tank that they will be to pre-heat the water and age the water before you do the water changes. I do a 50% daily and have a 30 gal to pre-heat and age the water. So I drain 50% of the discus water and replace it with the aged water in the 30 gal. Is easy for me since I got 45+ tanks.

5. nitingdedaoValued MemberMember

6. yusufm52Valued MemberMember

Hi, and welcome to fishlore, if you are going to be putting discus fishes in this tank then the tank needs to be bigger, and read and research all you can before buying the fishes, as these fishes are sensitive to water changes as said above, i my self have purchased 4 3" discuses and have them in QT, and having some problem with them eating and them getting used to me. So not to discourage you or anything like all i can say is research and research all you can and get a healthy stock from a reputed breeder or retailer, as getting a healthy and good stock will get your half work done.

there is seller by the name of kenny. Have heard good reviews about the quality of discus fishes that he sells. you might want to check him out too..

and Best of luck. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice