Discus Straight Out Of Malaysia

Slug

These guys hopped off the plane from Malaysia on Friday, made a brief stop in California over the weekend and now they are at their new South Carolina home. The shipment is doing great and was great. Box was spotless, all the water was where it was supposed to be and the fish were doing good. Kenny is the MAN!

Pics of fish to come...

Oh the suspense....

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

Lucy

That's the first time I've ever seen the way fish are shipped. Pretty cool.
Congratulations.

small-fish

so that's how they ship them, I wonder how safe it is for the most part.

Butterfly

Slug! You tormented me all the way down through the pics and I still didn't get to see the fish!
carol

Slug

Yep that's how they are shipped. Its actually safer then you think. Most fish come in fine if shipped properly and sent overnight.

Pics coming soon.

Blub

What kind of fish did you get?!

Slug

Heres the first few. Will get more later, especially of the White Butterfly Throwbacks.

Developed in Malaysia, the "Penang Eruption". Its basically like a really high class Leopard Snakeskin. It gets more spots and more of a blue sheen on its fins as it ages.

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

White Butterfly "throwbacks". Throwback meaning they will probably turn out less of a solid white and more with golden striations and such. Hopefully I can bring some more solid whites out of their fry once I pair them.

39.jpg

40.jpg

Allie

*Pouting* I want some too. They are awesome Matt! Congrats.

Dino

Great looking fish!!!

Nice score Matt!!!!

Darlene

Beautiful new fish. Thank you for sharing all your pictures.

Lucy

Wow, they're awesome. Great pics too, thanks for posting them.

capekate

HI Matt
Your new Discus are beautiful. I personally love the white "throwbacks'...
They look so sweet, and I do like the little off white pattern around the faces.
congratulations... I hope they do well for you. Sigh.. How I wish I can add some more to my tank. When I started Discus a little over a year and a half ago, I started with seven. Poor quality Discus they were, some stunted.. one never grew above the size it was. I lost five during that time, and two of those due to aggression from another and the stress killed them. I have two of the originals still and really enjoy them. I have a question tho..
How do they get along when you add them to an established tank? I found that my guys really did not like new comers at all and would really be aggressive towards them. That aggressive nature is what is keeping me from buying anymore, that and finding a good breeder locally which isn't easy. But I do miss the tank when I had the seven of them in there. :-\
Do your guys get along?

pinkfloydpuffer

Love the discus! Really beautiful!

Richard

Beautiful fish bro!.. now if I could only borrow your guys for 24hrs. ever so often, I could try to get Dino to sell me some of his stock!

Slug

Thanks all! I really like them, very pleased with the order.

Heres a couple more.

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

pinkfloydpuffer

They've got such cute little faces

Slug

Haha, those cute little faces are even better when they rush up to the glass for food.

pinkfloydpuffer

I bet! That's the cutest thing, fishies begging you for food... Little stinkers!

Blub

Aw cool! They are beautiful fishies. puuurrrdddyyy....

Slug

I like threads with lots of pics, how about you?

Here are a few more.

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

58.jpg

59.jpg

Group

60.jpg

61.jpg

pinkfloydpuffer

Ooh, I like the 7th picture, where he's lookin into the camera and saying hi!

Mike

Great pics Matt. Those Discus look fantastic.

Slug

Thanks Mike.

Lucy

Ooh, I like the 7th picture, where he's lookin into the camera and saying hi!

I like that one too. It looks like he wants a smooch. lol

All the pics are great.

Slug

75.jpg

76.jpg

77.jpg

pinkfloydpuffer

Have you named them yet?

Slug

Nope I never name my fish.

pinkfloydpuffer

Oh, I've always gotta find the perfect cute little name for my fishies, but I'm kinda crazy...
No problem with not naming them though. It's not like they'll know the difference! ;D
And if I ever got a big school of fish or something it'd be difficult to name them all and keep their names straight.

Slug

Well that's kinda the cool thing about discus. They are like Zebras, Fingerprints, and Snowflakes....they all have slight differences in pattern.

pinkfloydpuffer

Oh cool! I'd like to keep discus sometime, but I don't know if I ever will. There's just so many fish to keep and so little room and money!
I love all of your discus, and I hope you have good luck with them!

COBettaCouple

Beautiful Discus!!

Slug

Can I share more?

Check out the pattern I found on this fish today...that's the cool thing about spotted fish.

78.jpg

79.jpg
Shape of these fish is just....wow.

80.jpg

81.jpg

82.jpg

White Butterfly throwbacks. Lots of diversity in these.

83.jpg

84.jpg

85.jpg

86.jpg

pinkfloydpuffer

Looks like a smiley face in that pattern!

Randall

Awesome fish.Where did you get them from?

Slug

Thanks. I got them from Kenny of Kenny's Discus out of Daly City CA.

Darlene

Beautiful fishdrool

Slug

Thanks.

Randall

Awesome!Thanks for the tip on Kenny.I am planning on setting up a heavily planted 75 gallon discus tank,hopefully next spring.My biggest concern was where to buy the fish,but I think you just solved my problem,THANKS!I checked out his web site,he has a huge variety and great looking fish.

Slug

He imports and gets a shipment once a month and sells out fast. Never really has a chance to put the newest stocklist on his website. Usually sells straight on in his sponser section. Gives shipment preview pics and pics of the actual fish in his tanks when he gets them. Definitely look into him though, super good guy to buy from.

MinxMermaid

BEAUTIFUL!!!

congratulations!!!

I know you keep em in clean tanks like that for breeding and such, but gosh they would even be MORE beautiful in a lush landscaped tank.

good luck with your new project

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
86 ssinit
Replies
Views
Fishymom64
Replies
Views
Comet-Aurum
Replies