Discus fry

Discussion in 'Discus Fish' started by virusmk, Jul 12, 2015.

1. virusmk

virusmkWell Known MemberMember

Decided to start new tread as its going to be easier to track their developement in one place

2 weeks old now and here some video to see them

[video=youtube;aYhHRyKzGK0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYhHRyKzGK0[/video]

[video=youtube;_KH3YwBcbKc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KH3YwBcbKc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

For now theres great rate of survival and hopefully will remain like that

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  2. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

Very nice! Congrats! Is that a blue cobalt and a snakeskin discus? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Very nice! Congrats on the fry!

4. OP
    OP
    virusmk

Yes male is Cobalt Blue and female Snakeskin

5. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

Nice! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. OP
    OP
    virusmk

Hi all good ppl ive been bussy for last two weeks and had no chance to post update but now here i am.

Here are my fry at 4 weeks old now
    [video=youtube;UItjlUAseH0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UItjlUAseH0[/video]

In last few days they became more independed and now expresing interest in food and dont depend too much on mums and dads slime coat :)

They are roaming around my tank and scattering all food left off food on the bottom of the tank.

Parents now i guess are getting iritated from them or preparing for another spawn.

I will give em at least one more week with babyes before i attempt to separate them.

7. Disc61

Disc61Well Known MemberMember

Very Nice Virusmk, I wouldn't wait to much longer before you pull the parents, fry should be good on their own. congrats, job well done.

8. Slug

SlugWell Known MemberMember

Congrats again, I agree if they are off of the slime coat and taking other food I'd think about separating then sooner rather than later. It may be easier and safer water wise to move the parents instead of the fry.

9. OP
    OP
    virusmk

Thanks Slug Disc61

Started feeding BBS and but parents eat BBS before even drops on the bottom of the tank but babys are still going and munching on .

Feed em 3 times a day BBS Beefheart discus mix and BBS afternoon with every second day wc intervals so far.

Got about 20-25 g tank for parents today but now need stand once i figure it out what to use will move parrents away as they occasionally kill some of babys.

About 70% are still alive and if not mistaken should be somewhere 30-40 little wriglers out there. Once i get chance will post some pictures

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice