Discus Fry video

1. ifixoldhouses Member Member

I've gotten into Discus in the last 6 months, I set up a fish stand in my garage that holds 4 55's and 2 29's, here is a clip of my fry tank at feeding time, I feed a frozen seafood mix, made of tuna,garlic,salmon,shrimp to name a few.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNEofdPY7rg

2. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

They're so cute! Thanks for sharing the vid!

3. Regal Well Known Member Member

I enjoyed your video. They're so pretty. I hope to get Discus some day. What type of Discus are they?

4. ifixoldhouses Member Member

The 3 gold ones are gold melons, the rest are snakeskin X blue diamond's

5. Slug Well Known Member Member

Awesome fish! Discus are my obsession. Where did you get them from?

6. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

beautiful fish! (slug... we know you're obsessed with them, you dont have to tell us :giggle:)

7. Slug Well Known Member Member

Hehe!

My master plan is to convert 1 person at a time until there are as many discus keepers on the board as betta keepers!! HAHA So Tony...lets talk about discus...;)

Edit: I put Sony Tony...LOL....was looking at Sony on the screen....meant SO.

8. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

:giggle: The other day my LFS had a sick one that was on its side. I knew he was dyeing and tried to get him but they wouldnt sell him to me, not even half price for a dyeing fish. He was like 1300 or something like that. They are sure beuatiful but not in my plans for now LOL My LFS doesnt have very nice ones though... They look like mixed breeds to me. If i ever went with discus i would try to get the best possible LOL

:D ive heard myths on having to keep their water separatede in barrels and heated and all that... do you do that?

9. dvc_r Well Known Member Member

I've got two pairs in a community tank. I can't get any further than wigglers, (one time I got free swimmers for two days before they became fish food). I'm debating on emptying my guppies from 30 gal so I can breed the Discus. Your video may have pushed me over the edge! I love them! How old are they in this vid?

I agree!
    PS: glad to see you back!!!

10. Regal Well Known Member Member

oooh the Blue Diamonds are the ones I want someday

Keep trying you almost have me convinced :;laughing

11. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Awesome video and beautiful Discus! The music selection was very appropriate as well :)
    Thanks for sharing Ifix!
    Ken

12. ifixoldhouses Member Member

I got the gold melons from Carolina Discus, and the rest from Inland Empire Discus, they are about 2 months or so I think, maybe 3.
    The water depends on your ph stability, whether it changes a lot over 24 hrs.
    I use a drip system with an overflow, my ph is pretty steady.

13. Slug Well Known Member Member

Nice! Eric at Carolina Discus is a good friend of mine, stand up guy with nice fish. Can't wait to visit his place again when I get back. I've had fish from him on many occasions. IED have nice fish too.