Disc61

Discussion in 'Discus Fish' started by Discusluv, Apr 16, 2017.

1. D

Discusluv Well Known Member Member

I really enjoyed reading your informative sticky on "massive water changes". I was wondering, do you still have the 7 Snakeskins that you grew out from Hans? Or do you have photos of others you have grown out recently? I would love to see their progress!

2. AllieSten

AllieSten Fishlore VIP Member

To tag someone in a post you will need to add the @ symbol just before the nickname. Like this @Discusluv

@Disc61 I believe this message is for you

3. Disc61

Disc61 Well Known Member Member

I have taken a break from Discus and sold off all my stock. I did have a progress report on the Snakeskin group as well as a few other groups I raised. I will see if I can find them.

4. Disc61

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  5. OP
    OP
    D

I know, discus can be a lot of work- I have occasionally taken rests too- that's why I also have a tank full of tetras, the in-between tank.. :) ***I really think that the discus section needs a grow-out sticky... who better to put it up there than you?? It will give those that are thinking of growing young juveniles an idea of the time and conditions involved in doing so. I have only purchased discus 4" or better, always nervous attempting anything smaller.But hope to jump in and do it sometime within the next year. Thank you, Disc61.

6. OP
    OP
    D

This is amazing Discus61! That Big red is a behemoth! Though not nearly as big, I really love that San Merah, also. I didn't realize that you had some of Kenny's, my two Red melon throwbacks are from him. He is such a kind
    man, I always enjoy doing business with him. If possible, sticky this and maybe add some more info about your methods for newbies who are interested in growing out discus.

7. Disc61

i woud be glad to do a sticky grow out thread, But would need a moderator to jump in first and sticky the "New Group" thread and then I could add to it, or I could make a new thread for Sticky purposes and provide a link for the "New group" thread. hopefully a moderator can address this. I think a sticky of grow out procedures would be helpful to newbies. @Coradee ,@Mike

of course I haven't taken a break from the hobby, I currently am ALL Saltwater with a 125gl, 165gl and a 55gl of Seahorses. I love the challenge. my true passion is Discus though and I am sure I will have another group before the end of the year.

8. OP
    OP
    D

Yes! I hope the moderators will find a grow out thread worth adding to this group. The more access to information such as this, the better success those interested in raising discus will be. ***Sea horses??? Now that would be something to see in the aquarium. I didn't realize they were available to the home aquarist. Are they any more challenging than other saltwater stock?? I thought you were taking a break ( like a vacation) from the maintenance and such of aquarium keeping.... But I see there was no vacation for you

9. Disc61

Lol, yeah just a vacation from Discus. Seahorses are fun and challenging. I compare them a bit to Discus in the sense they require a lot of water changes and care as well. they can be tricky.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice