Disappearing wcmm and stocking Q

Skrabbitskrabbit

So normally I check in on my WCMMs at feeding time and make sure they’re all (6) eating. The other day I was busy and they didn’t get fed and the NEXT day, I was down to 5. I didn’t find the sixth fish dead or alive despite taking out decor and doing a 50% WC. Is it possible for the fish’s (presumably dead) body to disappear in a day? My tank is 10g with a lid and no holes bigger than 1/2” where the cords from filter come out. There are also 3 mystery snails in the tank. Maybe they had a hand in it? This is my first fish loss
My next question is how many WCMMs can I keep in a 10g? I want to bring my school back up to at least 6 again but I’m contemplating getting a few extra and making a slightly larger school instead of adding just one new guy. Alternatively I would love to get a second species of fish but I know my options are really limited in a 10gallon. Anything compatible in 72F water? A single catfish would be cool if possible but I’m okay with just the minnows and snails also.

yeti79

Your mystery snails probably ate the body of the passed one. Never had luck with white clouds in a 10 gallon so cannot give you advice for the number to stock. Mine are doing great in a 20! I keep them with cherry shrimps and mystery snails.

Skrabbitskrabbit

yeti79 said:
Your mystery snails probably ate the body of the passed one. Never had luck with white clouds in a 10 gallon so cannot give you advice for the number to stock. Mine are doing great in a 20! I keep them with cherry shrimps and mystery snails.
Thanks! I thought the snails may have had something to do with it!!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom