Disappearing Links?

Dunk2

Member
Maybe I’ve completely lost my mind (a real possibility), but. . .

I‘ve noticed this a couple times in the last few days and it just happened again. I type a word (ich) in a post and it appears as a link. I leave, go back to the post and poof, the word is no longer linked.

This is my post where the word ich was linked.
Nitrite 1.0ppm after 8 water changes | Aquarium Water Forum | 486129

I promise, it really WAS.

Now the word ich is linked in the post above. It wasn’t before.
Ya’ll are punkin’ me, aren’t you?
 

GlennO

Member
Punked by the phantom link poofer.

I can't see the word Ich linked in any posts on that page. The phrase 'white spots' is linked in one post.
 
  • Thread Starter

Dunk2

Member
As I’m looking at my post above now, the word ich is linked again.
 

GlennO

Member
Dunk2 said:
As I’m looking at my post above now, the word ich is linked again.
Yeah it is. It was initially linked in my post too but now it's poofed.
 

StarGirl

Member
Ich is linked for me right now but I have noticed that too.
 
  • Thread Starter

Dunk2

Member
GlennO said:
Yeah it is. It was initially linked in my post too but now it's poofed.
Good. You’ve also been punked by the phantom link poofer.
StarGirl said:
Ich is linked for me right now but I have noticed that too.
It’s not linked in your post for me. And now you’ve been POOFED.
 

Kribensis27

Member
Mike
This happens to me a lot. I don't really use the links, so it doesn't bother me, but if someone actually wanted to use them, that would be annoying. I don't think I could handle manually linking the emergency template or info on the nitro cycle to all the posts about sick bettas in bowls I see.
MY LINKS WERE JUST POOFED
THEY'RE BACK NOW
 
  • Thread Starter

Dunk2

Member
Kribensis27 said:
Mike
This happens to me a lot. I don't really use the links, so it doesn't bother me, but if someone actually wanted to use them, that would be annoying. I don't think I could handle manually linking the emergency template or info on the nitro cycle to all the posts about sick bettas in bowls I see.
MY LINKS WERE JUST POOFED
Not only couldn’t I handle manual linking, I wouldn’t know how (feeling shamed). :confused:
 
  • Moderator

Mike

Moderator
Member
I think its setup to only link the word once or maybe a couple of times per page.
 
  • Thread Starter

Dunk2

Member
Mike said:
I think its setup to only link the word once or maybe a couple of times per page.
Thanks. Does that mean the phantom link poofer isn’t real? GlennO lied to me?
 

Kribensis27

Member
Dunk2 said:
Not only couldn’t I handle manual linking, I wouldn’t know how (feeling shamed). :confused:
Copy the URL thingy and paste it into the "insert link" thingy. That's about as much as I know
 
  • Moderator

Mike

Moderator
Member
Dunk2 said:
Not only couldn’t I handle manual linking, I wouldn’t know how (feeling shamed). :confused:
Its super easy. For whatever page you want to link to go to the address bar in your web browser and copy the URL and then just paste that URL into the post. The forum will add it as a clickable link for you automatically once you submit the post. Or at least it should work that way... testing

https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/

edit: yup that worked

thats actually a good “did you know” topic. Will add that tmrw.
 

Latest threads

Top Bottom