Dirty Dishes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hobo, Dec 8, 2012.

1. h

hobo Valued Member Member

If you want dirty dishes I suggest you by a low water dishwasher it works great for keeping your dishes dirty especially the glasses, I love drinking out of a nice film covered glass. Now I have to wash them twice how is that saving water?

2. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

You either need a new dishwasher or a new detergent.
    A detergent with phosphates takes care of the film.
    I think most companies are doing away with them though.

We switched to Cascade with "Shine Sheild". They are little gel packs.
    It helped a lot.

3. pirahnah3

pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

I agree, I had the same problem when I got my new GE dishwasher, nothing was coming out clean as compared to the old Maytag I was using. I was ready to just tear the thing out after a bunch of heartburn over it with the store and manf, over parts issues (which did get resolved amiably). I was using Finish brand powder as I had been in the other dishwasher but it wasnt performing anywhere NEAR what it used to do. So I swapped to the Gel, about the same results. I pulled out the manual in hopes of one last try before I gave up on it completely. I noticed in my reading that the manufacturer recomended cascade complete in the machine, so I figured I would give it a try. I stopped by the local Job Lot (Think Big Lots) one day and they had some of the cascade All in 1 packets that you just put in there for a decent price, so I figured what the heck and bought a small bag. I put in a bunch of dishes that were fairly clean and it did a decent job with them without residue. Things were looking up. Now the real test, I put in a couple nights worth of dishes that I didnt really clean up, gave a quick tap into the garbage or a quick rinse whatever was appropriate, and into the machine they went.....

I ran the machine normal setting no added heat or anything and came on here for a while and posted and read and all the good stuff. The dishwasher did its thing and after a while I went and checked to see if it was done, it was, NOW the test, do I have clean dishes? or am I scrubbing them again...........

I went out and bought the large tubs of cascade packs after that.

@Lucy, I am using the cascade all in 1 now, has the powder and 2 gel type portions in it, works great!

4. OP
    OP
    h

hobo Valued Member Member

It’s a GE and I don't like it not enough pressure I’m using finish quantum

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice