Dirted aquarium extremely fast growth

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
OOH, too many fish then and no goldfish should be in there. I'm just being blunt. It looks bigger than a 25 though.

Mickiemas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
OOH, too many fish then and no goldfish should be in there. I'm just being blunt.
Those are all juvenile fishes. The oldest in there are the gouramis at about 5 months. The goldfish are younger. They don't bother the substrate nor plans.

They will be removed when they get a little bigger.

Foxxway

Valued Member
Reaction score
What kind od dirt/substrate did you use?
I'm curious why you're using CO2, filters, etc when a dirted tank is supposed to be self-sufficient and need only a heater? Did it not work? I want to try one of these at some point and liked the idea of less electrical stuff in the tank.

Mickiemas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The dirt is from my back yard, baked and sifted. My intention was never for it to be self sufficient. I live in Jamaica so a heater is never necessary.

If you are going for a self sufficient setup like that you would maybe have to run air and filter at first anyway until everything is well established, if I shut off everything I believe it would be ok I don't think I'd have any issues but like I said a self sufficient tank was not wat I was going for

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom