dipping corals and liverock...

monkeypie102

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am buying some new corals and live rock Thursday and was told I should dip them to be safe... they are coming straight from another saltwater display tank someone is selling so I had assumed they would be safe buy you never really know... so how do I go about dipping them? There are so many different opinions online...

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There are several coral dips you can buy. Seachem, Tropic Marin and Two Little Fishies get good reviews. I sometimes do Lugols (iodine) dips. There are pests that can come in on corals that can lead to major problems like montipora eating nudibranchs, flatworms, and others. It's usually prudent and a good idea to do a quick 5 or 10 minute dip vs. having to do a tank teardown because it gets infested.

You could do a freshwater dip for the live rock to be on the safe side I suppose... I've never dipped live rock.

I haven't tried coralrx yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoX1-dFppYQ

monkeypie102

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My lfs is really good about carrying Kent's products so I was able to pick up some lugol's yesterday :). Now today I just have to get the tank filled and everything will be ready for the live rock Thursday!!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom