Dioaquatics’ Fishroom - Page 15

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The fishroom is 90% finished. I got all 4x 40B in place and plumbed. One of them, I have to make a minor adjustment, it started leaking from the bulkhead when I filled it so I’ll probably end up siliconing that one in place.
Other than that, the only thing I need is my 2-way air valves and sponge filters to come in the mail. I also have to buy are some more heaters but that’s it. The rest is done!
That 10g in front is my QT tank. I have the 12 silvertips and 3 gold wcmm in there for another 2-3 weeks I think it is
2C4FDF9F-583F-4BBD-9080-AE653FB9B745.jpeg

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Keep an eye on Amazon. They've had Aqueon Pros for as low as $20 and as high as $39 for a 200w. I use the Camelizer to track prices ( ).

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That's actually where I got my new 2x 150 watt and 2x 300 watt Aqueon heaters. I think I got the 150 watt for like $15 and the 300 watt for like $17. Super cheap. All I need are 2 more 150 & 300 watt heaters and that's it.

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I picked up a 100w regular for $9.59 and a Pro for $13.39 back in Oct. The reg was for a backup and the Pro was for my QT/breeder.

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ugh! Having 3x 40B tanks ready for fish but not being able to fill them is super frustrating. 3 of my 4x 40B are full of water and I can’t put fish in them because I have yet to receive my 2-way air valves and sponge filters from amazon. The shipping says they’ll be here next week Friday but I want to buy fish now! Lol
I have an idea of what I want to put on some of the tanks and I’m itching to get my fish lol.

JLeeM

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
DioAquatics said:
Ugh! Having 3x 40B tanks ready for fish but not being able to fill them is super frustrating. 3 of my 4x 40B are full of water and I can’t put fish in them because I have yet to receive my 2-way air valves and sponge filters from amazon. The shipping says they’ll be here next week Friday but I want to buy fish now! Lol
I have an idea of what I want to put on some of the tanks and I’m itching to get my fish lol.
What are you thinking about? If you would like to share that is.

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
JLeeM said:
What are you thinking about? If you would like to share that is.
Well I have 4x 20L and 4x 40B. So I’ll post what I have planned so far with each tank.
20L #1
Apistogramma panduro pair, kuhli loaches, and marble hatchetfish.

20L #2
Apistogramma hongsloi pair, sterbai cory, and wcmm.

20L #3
Colony of alpha swordtails but in the future, a group of leopard frog plecos to breed

20L #4
Colony of white albino swordtails, again in the future, a group of flash plecos to breed

40B #1
Fancy butterfly goldfish. These guys will be my “pet” fish

40B #2
Some type of blue angelfish , more sterbai cory or another species of cory, rummynose tetras, and my para pleco

The last 2x 40B I have no clue what I’m stocking them with lol

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I had to.....
9DAD6993-6F31-40C2-B1E4-C72B04836EBC.jpeg
42A242B7-EBDE-4E4E-B097-6CD9ABA61034.jpeg

They aren’t in the best of shape but with clean water and good food, I’ll get these 2 looking even better. Just give me a few weeks

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well my angels didn’t live very long at all, they both died within 2 days. I do have to admit, they were petsmart angels (I know I know) that they just received and I took a chance on them. Oh well, I won’t be going there anymore lol.
In other news, the fishroom is 98% done. I got my sponge filters and 2-way metal air valves in the mail today so I set up all my airlines and sponge filters. All I have to do is fix that leak on the one 40B and all the tanks will be done (besides needing a few more heaters. Stocking the tanks is the last and best part of all of this lol.
Here’s a panoramic picture of the fishroom from my chair I have down there
5A0C8E78-7FC4-44AD-9A89-94B65D8FED0B.jpeg

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yup.... this happened... I regret nothing lol. 4 new goldies for the fishroom. Love these guys already

96EEEC70-AA96-4431-A9CB-5577EDB4895F.jpeg
917CF7D2-5E5D-4F19-8293-C51C10A7D947.jpeg
38359CC7-92F7-4F2D-8699-02976600C370.jpeg
96041EB5-A0CC-4B92-946D-0ECFBA9020B2.jpeg

JLeeM

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
DioAquatics said:
Yup.... this happened... I regret nothing lol. 4 new goldies for the fishroom. Love these guys already

96EEEC70-AA96-4431-A9CB-5577EDB4895F.jpeg
917CF7D2-5E5D-4F19-8293-C51C10A7D947.jpeg
38359CC7-92F7-4F2D-8699-02976600C370.jpeg
96041EB5-A0CC-4B92-946D-0ECFBA9020B2.jpeg
Same! I never thought I'd have goldies. Until I did. Now I love them.

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
JLeeM said:
Same! I never thought I'd have goldies. Until I did. Now I love them.
They’re just so goofy but elegant at the same time lol

Geoff

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I was the same way! I got 3 ryukins two summers ago and they're just so fun to watch. Little goofballs, rolling around and whatnot. They're pigs, though lol.

Btw, your fish room is looking great!

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Geoff said:
I was the same way! I got 3 ryukins two summers ago and they're just so fun to watch. Little goofballs, rolling around and whatnot. They're pigs, though lol.

Btw, your fish room is looking great!
Goldies are so fun! Goofy little water pigs. Thank you!

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So my alpha sword female was looking super big and round the other day so I put her in the breeder box with a bunch of plants. Today I went down to the fishroom and she’s not looking as big but there no fry. Not one. Im beyond frustrated with this fish and might just give up on trying to get fry from her. coralbandit any ideas?
I also saw one of my albino white females looking massive so she went into a breeder box too. I wont be surprised if I have fry within the next day or 2.

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fishroom update. Seems like the breeding gods are on my side recently without me even asking them lol. A few weeks ago I noticed something moving in one of my 40B that has no fish, just snails and moss. I looked closer and it was a goldfish fry! Its only one little guy but im cool with that honestly. I have absolutely no idea how it got in there because the goldfish were never in that tank. I didnt move anything from any tanks to possibly have the egg get transferred or anything but it was there lol. Here he is. You can kind if see him mid screen.
D596D60F-05E9-4B47-8593-8DCC177FD9B8.jpeg

Now today I went down to check on my new fish I got for my 75g and was just checking around the rest of the tanks when i noticed eggs in the albino sword tank. I looked closer and theyre sterbai cory eggs! After some examining the tank, i was able to find 12 eggs, all stuck on different plants and stuff. I put them in a container with a bubbler going very slow. Hopefully i get some cory fry
CFBCDA32-7011-4511-85E2-C1BC07B587BA.jpeg
3FCB2A34-2944-495D-9BA0-82D8F4A5A593.jpeg
B2BBAAD6-0B85-4185-9193-CA687C9538D7.jpeg

Geoff

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So weird about the goldfish fry! He’s a cute lil bugger.

So I know in the past you’ve mentioned your Instagram account and how you post pics of your fish and whatnot there, but i hadn’t had an account. I finally signed up a few weeks ago and seeing your updates today reminded me that I need to follow you on IG! So I just did.

kanzekatores

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Just saw this thread and what a project! It’s cool to see how far you’ve come. Congrats on fry. :)

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Geoff said:
So weird about the goldfish fry! He’s a cute lil bugger.

So I know in the past you’ve mentioned your Instagram account and how you post pics of your fish and whatnot there, but i hadn’t had an account. I finally signed up a few weeks ago and seeing your updates today reminded me that I need to follow you on IG! So I just did.
Right!?! Lol I’m super glad I found little goldie. Now I’ll have 5 of them lol

Awesome! Thanks for the follow, I’ll make sure to follow you back. I haven’t been super active on there since there hasnt been much going on but I definitely show love whenever I can.

kanzekatores said:
Just saw this thread and what a project! It’s cool to see how far you’ve come. Congrats on fry. :)
Thanks for following along! Im excited to see where things go in the future

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well the first few cory eggs I found didn’t make it but I came down to the fishroom today and found over 30 eggs from the corys in the alpha sword tank and these ones look fertile, they have a small dot in the middle of them. Put all the eggs into my DIY breeder box with a very light bubble flow. Some of them stuck to the wall of the box, the others are on the floor. Hoping for better luck with this batch of eggs!
D7A8B944-4EC4-4522-BE6A-7DEDC978BB50.jpeg
5F0B08CA-E496-486C-8988-140C2BE37AC2.jpeg

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You don't want holes on the bottom of the container for cory fry. I use a dip'n'pour with a drop of meth blue and an air stone. 90% w/c on 2nd day and wait for them to hatch on the 3rd-5th day. Good luck!

*edit*
Microworms starting on day 2 after hatching.

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
DarkOne said:
You don't want holes on the bottom of the container for cory fry. I use a dip'n'pour with a drop of meth blue and an air stone. 90% w/c on 2nd day and wait for them to hatch on the 3rd-5th day. Good luck!

*edit*
Microworms starting on day 2 after hatching.
Yea I figured that the hole weren’t good. Im going to have to go buy a few dip n pour containers. I dont have meth blue so lets see how this goes. If anything, I’ll buy everything I need for the next time they spawn

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Found another 15 or so eggs today. I'm loving all the breeding action I got going on with out even trying lol

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I use the dip'n'pour just to hatch the eggs and then move the fry to a Marina breeder box.

My sterbai seem to be very prolific. I'm surprised they're spawning so young though.

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
DarkOne said:
I use the dip'n'pour just to hatch the eggs and then move the fry to a Marina breeder box.

My sterbai seem to be very prolific. I'm surprised they're spawning so young though.
Ive been wanting some of the marina breeder boxes but theyre not available on amazon anymore. I might look around to see if theres any alternatives but I know I need some of them.

I’m honestly surprised too. These guys are younger than the ones in my 75g and I dont think they’ve spawned yet. At least I haven’t seen any spawning from them

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
jmaldo said:
Ran into a similar issue, so thinking about these.

Good Luck!
I found these. Think I’m going to give them a try
ISTA IF-648 Hang-On Separation Breeder Box,clear

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Those look the same as the Marina .
They should work you might just need a sponge to keep them from going out the outflow ..

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
coralbandit said:
Those look the same as the Marina .
They should work you might just need a sponge to keep them from going out the outflow ..
Yea I figured I would. I already have sponge and filter floss I can use to cover the overflows

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ken's Fish has the dip'n'pours for cheaper. Free shipping if you spend $50.

I bought 2 extra marina breeder boxes when they were $6 ea for the large. I also have a med box that I use once in a while but not as useful as the large boxes.

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
DarkOne said:

I bought 2 extra marina breeder boxes when they were $6 ea for the large. I also have a med box that I use once in a while but not as useful as the large boxes.
Oh dang that’s a lot cheaper than amazon! I’ve had my eyes one one of the specimen containers for a while.

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
DarkOne said:

Might just have to get a few of those too. Cant ever have too many containers

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well looks like I lost my female Albino swordtail. No idea what happened, she was fine one day and dead the next. I do have about 7-10 fry growing out so hope these guys will be more hardy in my water. Now what am I going to do with the last albino male? I’m honestly thinking of putting him with my female alpha and see what happens just for fun. The female alpha I have given up on, she hasn’t dropped fry in months so I don’t think shes hit. Figured I’d see what fry I get mixing the 2 color strains

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Doing a little experiment in the goldfish tank. I threw in every single piece if anubias that I had in there. It was covered in hair algae. Lets see how long it’ll take the 4 goldies to eat the algae and completely clean my anubias
D29FFD4F-CF30-40EA-81A5-ECE08BA81557.jpeg

D2552C25-C0A8-4A49-A17B-12C16BD73591.jpeg

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sad day in the fishroom. Lost my female alpha sword so no babies from her at all. And the worst loss, lost my L075 para pleco. Went down and he was gone. Super bummed out

New Threads